[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - call pre vs 3b?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey,

I don't think sb will be bluffing a lot. It's a reg over 60 hands... Didn't resteal ones... 1 3bet so far

The limper is a big 50/20 fish. The reg prob knows that the guy may coldcall his 3bet so I think he's bluffing a small % of the time.

Do we get good enough odds though?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2043126
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $58.86
      Hero (BTN): $50.55
      SB: $75.14
      BB: $44.38
      UTG: $20.00
      MP: $38.45

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with K :spade: J :spade:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2, SB raises to $6.25, 1 fold, MP calls $5.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($15.00) J :club: 9 :heart: Q :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, MP checks

Turn: ($15.00) Q :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, MP checks

River: ($15.00) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, MP checks
  • 4 replies
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      We do have position, a decent hand and a fish already in the pot. I think it's worth a call.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Farma,

I personally would still opt for the fold with little info on the reg. If we call the pot is really big and we will be dominated some amount of the time (pot is $18 with just $30 behind w/ fish and 44 with SB).

Since this hand went to showdown we can at least learn something about our opponents and thus adjust our strategy.

I'm curious what they both showed up for and what notes you'd make (and adjustments).
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Farma,

I personally would still opt for the fold with little info on the reg. If we call the pot is really big and we will be dominated some amount of the time (pot is $18 with just $30 behind w/ fish and 44 with SB).

Since this hand went to showdown we can at least learn something about our opponents and thus adjust our strategy.

I'm curious what they both showed up for and what notes you'd make (and adjustments).
      The reg had AKs -> Made sense so no note
      The fish had 56s -> Made sense for such a big fish so no note, I also won't see him again probably.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Farma,

The reg had AKs -> Made sense so no note
      The fish had 56s -> Made sense for such a big fish so no note, I also won't see him again probably.
      Sounds good.

I usually make mental notes on fish and then put them down in writing during session reviews (if I revisit the hand).

One note we can make on the fish is that he didn't bluff at all 3 streets with 6 high. So I think that's good to know (but may also be expected from a passive calling station). If it was 56cc then it's even a better note.