DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $23.11
      Hero (BB): $10.00
      UTG: $26.05
      MP: $15.38
      CO: $28.41
      BTN: $27.72

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with K :club: A :club:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.25, 3 folds, Hero raises to $1, MP raises to $15.38 all in, 1 fold

I had just joined the table, villain was a complete unknown so didnt bother copying stats. Only read would be as MP is playing such a weird stack size he could be a weak player.

After I isoed to 4x, he quickly moved all in, usually limp/3bet stinks of AA and he moved in pretty quickly for 10x my raise. Its hard to put him on a range of hands he could be doing this with if i have no reads, in this case of no reads, just let it go?

Kind regards, Alex
  • 5 replies
    • JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Platinum
      Hi,

imo it's KK+ most of the time. Without any reads I'd fold as well.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      john, its been a while :p see your still scalking round the hand evaluation forums ;)
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I prefer calling here. Villain's most likely a fish and for 40bb I don't think he'd go broke with KK+ only here. Actually I think his range mostly consists PPs and weaker broadways etc, so I'm calling this here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Hey plamen,

Just wondering why you think a fish might play those hands this way? The reason me and joe were saying it's something like KK+ is because fish think they trap doing this move.

Fish do take some odd lines that you think 'what was his thought process' but I'm just trying to understand why he would play small PPs or weak Broadway's this way?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Well... it might sound ridiculous but then... you can't really explain why a weak player would play those hands this way.
      It might be because he doesn't want to call here with PP, it might think because he want to win the pot preflop, it might be because he puts us on AK and he is ahead with his PP, it might be his favorite hand or so.

Overall, I don't really think that people only play KK+ this way and from my personal experience I've seen a lot of weird stuff from people taking this line.