[NL2-NL10] Weak play middle pair in 3bet pot

• PewPewPoker
      Hi everybody :)

This is a hand I played today, and I wasn't too happy about it.
      CO most important stats over 234 hands:
      VPIP 21, PFR: 16 AF: 58

I thought at the time he was stealing a lot, so I decided to take action, and see how he reacts.
      On the flop I didn't want to isolate myself against better hands, and since he was so aggressive I figured I could get the most value by letting him bet.
      On the turn I lost it, beacuse I didn't see him 2 barrel before (and at 10NL this rarely happens without the player having a hand). I noticed from earlier play that I underestimate turn and riverbets, so I decided to play safe and just fold before I had to make an even tougher decision on the river.

It's a pretty weak play, just calling and folding on the flop/turn but yeah. I was kinda scared by the typical 10NL two barrel.

Thanks in advance :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q, J.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.30, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.95, CO calls $0.65.

Flop: ($1.95) 7, K, J (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.20, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.35) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.00, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $4.35.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Pew,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: If we go the ck/call route against an aggressive player we can't really give up.

You said that villain bets a lot but then you get scared and stop. He is also betting somewhat smaller on the turn than on the flop.

If you don't like to ck/call all the way simply bet/fold that flop