[NL2-NL10] QQ vs LAG

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      I've been having some trouble with LAG players the past couple of days, especially those 3-betting light/often.
      In this hand I was playing against a guy who was 3-betting frequently and his 3-bet in MP after 1k hands is 14.8% which is way higher than in other positions. I felt at the time like 4-betting or folding was the only option vs this type of player because I didn't want to let him see a flop with any random hand, but when he raises me all-in what should I do here? This is a hand I would usually fold to a shove but this guy seemed to be targeting me the whole game (3-betting whenever I raise etc.)
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $2.01
      BB:
      $5.07
      MP2 (Hero):
      $4.98
      MP3:
      $8.05
      CO:
      $2.21

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP3 raises to $0.60, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.87, MP3 raises to $8.05, Hero calls $3.11.

Final Pot: $13.1.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a pair of kings(K K).
      Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).

MP3 wins with a pair of kings(K K).
  • 2 replies
    • PewPewPoker
      PewPewPoker
      Bronze
      Hi :)
      On 5NL 6max I don't really see a reason to fold QQ preflop unless you have a tight read on the particular player. Against a range of QQ+ AK you have 40% equity, so unless you think he would go broke with only AA en KK, it's well played and just a cooler :P
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: I would never fold QQ here.

Think about it like this: You have to call 3.11 into a pot of 13.1 thus you get 24% pot odds.

Even against a tight range of KK+,AKs you have 27% equity. Against a more "standard" QQ+, AK range you have 40%. Throw on top the fact that he has been aggro and I'd gladly get the money in here.