This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] QQ vs LAG

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      I've been having some trouble with LAG players the past couple of days, especially those 3-betting light/often.
      In this hand I was playing against a guy who was 3-betting frequently and his 3-bet in MP after 1k hands is 14.8% which is way higher than in other positions. I felt at the time like 4-betting or folding was the only option vs this type of player because I didn't want to let him see a flop with any random hand, but when he raises me all-in what should I do here? This is a hand I would usually fold to a shove but this guy seemed to be targeting me the whole game (3-betting whenever I raise etc.)
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $5.00
      SB:
      $2.01
      BB:
      $5.07
      MP2 (Hero):
      $4.98
      MP3:
      $8.05
      CO:
      $2.21

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q, Q.
      Hero raises to $0.15, MP3 raises to $0.60, 4 folds, Hero raises to $1.87, MP3 raises to $8.05, Hero calls $3.11.

Final Pot: $13.1.
      Results follow:

MP3 shows a pair of kings(K K).
      Hero shows a pair of queens(Q Q).

MP3 wins with a pair of kings(K K).
  • 2 replies
    • PewPewPoker
      PewPewPoker
      Bronze
      Hi :)
      On 5NL 6max I don't really see a reason to fold QQ preflop unless you have a tight read on the particular player. Against a range of QQ+ AK you have 40% equity, so unless you think he would go broke with only AA en KK, it's well played and just a cooler :P
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: I would never fold QQ here.

Think about it like this: You have to call 3.11 into a pot of 13.1 thus you get 24% pot odds.

Even against a tight range of KK+,AKs you have 27% equity. Against a more "standard" QQ+, AK range you have 40%. Throw on top the fact that he has been aggro and I'd gladly get the money in here.