[NL2-NL10] K9 wrong call on river

• PewPewPoker
      EDIT: oops I clicked on the wrong forum. This should be in BSS hand evaluation... Sorry, I don't know how to delete my own threads :P Can someone move it for me? thx :)

villain had a vpip of 13 and pfr of 10 over 40 hands.
      Didnt know what his limping range was, but I assumed suited connector type of hands or maybe even pockets. and weak Ax hands.

Flop and turn were protection/value bets. I wasn't too happy about the river, because he could have made 2 pair or his AdXd would have hit too.
      But the odds were like 5:1 so if he bet his busted draw there 1:5 times it would be about breakeven right? But on the other hand, he didn't seem like the type of player to make such a move (rather tight stats, altough sample is really really small).
      Would you just fold?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Hand afspelen

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, K.
      MP2 calls $0.10, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.30.

Flop: ($0.95) K, 4, 7 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.60, MP2 calls $0.60.

Turn: ($2.15) 5 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $1.30, MP2 calls $1.30.

River: ($4.75) A (2 players)
      MP2 bets $1.31, Hero calls $1.31.

Final Pot: $7.37.
  • 2 replies
    • JohnDoe1313

I would fold preflop as my postflop skill sucks but if you feel well playing this it's ok. Taking opponent's stack into account he's probably a bad reg. His range could be some pocket pairs, weak Ax hands, broadways.

I would make turn bet slighty bigger to get value from flush draw and plan to check back river. When he donks river he has you beaten most of the time. I would muck as every A :diamond: x :diamond: has us beaten and slowplayed sets as well. There isn't any worse hand. He wouldn't limp K8- preflop and if so I doubt whether he would donk them.
    • kymupa

Since I do evaluate in the BSS section as well, I don't mind evaluating it here. Just keep an eye where you post it next time. :)

Preflop against this guy I'd just fold K9o without any specific information. I wouldn't expect him to have any worse hands here.

Flop and turn looks fine. We can take value from draws and worse made hands.

As played, I'm folding the river. Adxd now beats us, also some other two pair. Even though we are given good odds, I don't think he bluffs here enough (I'm not sure if he bluffs at all) to justify a call.