[NL2-NL10] How to lay down the best hand?

• Th334
      Oh, wrong forum. Sorry, move this to NL forum please :f_rolleyes:

I constantly run into this trouble:
      • I hit TPTK and cannot lay it down against two pairs.
      • I hit (top) two pairs and cannot lay it down against a set.
      • I hit something like T/J-high flush and cannot lay it down to a nut flush.

Is there anything I can do about it? I mean, of course if I got check/raised two streets in a row by a tight passive guy, I will lay down TPTK. However I find it almost impossible to lay down two pairs (on a dry board of course), especially considering that I play against fish most of the time on NL2, and I just don't believe them.

It's annoying in either way: whether you are deep or short stacked. If the effective stack is small, you just think "this guy is pot committed and shoves here with any good pair". Take this, two pairs! When you are deep stacked, you just keep calling and calling these raises with AQ two pairs to find out that you were beat by a set of deuces on the flop. Stuff like that.

Do you lay down these hands and how? :f_frown:
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      I'll notify someone to move this for you (I can't).

Regarding your questions:

1) Why can't you lay down TPTK? Post some examples in the evaluation forum.
      2) Top two vs set is a bit results oriented (similar to the above). We always fight a range rather than just one type of hands. Again examples would work best.
      3) Same idea with the flush here. There are spots where you can raise/fold or bet/fold non not fds.
    • Th334
      Thanks, Bogdan.

Okay, I'll post the hands in a minute. Maybe the real trouble starts when all these situations happen one after another and against the same villain (hello, tilt).

Thinking in ranges, not in hands, is actually a good point. Still, sometimes you are not quite sure whether the villain would take such a line with 2P, or he only does it with set+.