This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Nl25: AK

• Philipvw
      Philipvw
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)
      SB:
      $62,03
      Hero:
      $27,47
      CO:
      $18,50
      MP3:
      $30,51
      BU:
      $25,28

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: , A:spade:
      MP3 raises to $1,00, 3 folds, Hero raises to $3,50, MP3 calls $2,50.

Flop: ($7,10) 8:club: , 9:heart: , J:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $4, MP3 calls $4,00.

Turn: ($15,10) T:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: ($15,10) 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 bets $4, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $19,10

I think a bigger cbet is needed here? Other suggestions?
  • 2 replies
    • gggeorgio
      gggeorgio
      Bronze
      I definitely agree that a bigger cbet is better, because the board is so drawy, and if you had a hand you'd want to protect it.

I've got in this situation quite often as well, where I feel that I'm playing too predictably (eg. cbetting then abandoning the hand if any resistance). I get suspicious that people are floating me, but don't know if there's much I can do out of position. (Since a second barrel is often very costly because they often actually have a hand)

Any suggestions from more experienced players for situations like this would def. be appreciated.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Board is so drawy that there is nothing wrong c/f.
      He would call a lot of hands here and you may be drawing dead.
      Against players who would float a lot best option imo is bet only if you have real hand.