This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 87s 2nd pair IP

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.20/$0.40 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $96.31 (240.8 bb)
      SB: $34.52 (86.3 bb)
      BB: $145.20 (363 bb)
      UTG: $35.58 (88.9 bb)
      MP: $54.56 (136.4 bb)
      CO: $64.37 (160.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 8:heart: 7:heart:
      UTG calls $0.40, MP calls $0.40, CO calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, SB folds, BB raises to $2, UTG calls $1.60, MP calls $1.60, CO folds, Hero calls $1.60

Flop: ($8.60) 3:spade: Q:diamond: 7:club: (4 players)
      BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, Hero bets $4, BB folds, UTG calls $4, MP folds

Turn: ($16.60) 4:club: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($16.60) 2:heart: (2 players)
      UTG bets $8.20, Hero folds

Results: $16.60 pot ($0.83 rake)
      Final Board: 3:spade: Q:diamond: 7:club: 4:club: 2:heart:
      Hero mucked 8:heart: 7:heart: and lost (-$6 net)
      UTG mucked and won $15.77 ($9.77 net)

UTG unknown

MP 19/13 558 hands

BB 41/26 376 hands. Fit or fold fish.

I think preflop IP is ok.

I think betting the flop IP as semi-bluff is ok? They won`t fold Qx, but i think i can take down the pot some of the time and i also have some outs to improve? Bet size? I guess 3$ would do the same?
  • 4 replies
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      I don't like the bet on the flop. I think if there was a heart it might be slightly better but I think too often BB has a strong hand after raising so big and is not giving up. Unless you are planning to barrel here which I don't think is a good idea I don't think cbetting is a good idea either. So I would just try to check it down and turn a 7 or 8.
    • AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      I think BB is betting a strong hand. I doubt he will ch/c anything, because in previous hands he check/folded Axxr IP as PFR.

I think MP is betting any strong hand and after overlimping preflop, he shouldn`t have many Qx hands.

UTG can have some Qx/PP in his limping range, but he should also have a lot of hands, that missed the flop.

If i bet 3$, it will have to work only 26% + i have 5 outs for what should often be the best hand if someome ch/c the flop.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Achilles,

I don't mind the bet on the flop but since we can't bet many turns I'd like to make it slightly bigger (to avoid getting ck/called by some floats that will subsequently bluff the river into us). Even if we make it something like $5 we should still have enough FE (plus the 5 outs on two streets).

However let's take it back to the preflop. Is there a particular reason as to why you don't want to raise this hand preflop versus 3 limps? I would imagine that we can isolate one or two of them? If they are huge calling stations and always look to see a flop then the raise looses a bit of it's value.
    • AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Preflop i don`t want to raise because BB can call me often, UTG will probably call, and the 2 regs may also call, because they will get excellent pot odds. So i`ll often end up in huge pot, multiway with a weak drawing hand. I can play very good postflop in position, but still SK don`t play very well in big pots?

Edit: I guess raising is a good option, because the 2 regs (MP and BU) will play very honestly on the flop (if they call preflop) and i can play well vs. UTG, who is probably a fish.