Poker Tracker 4 vs Hold'em Mamager 2

• GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      To anyone who has used both, which would recommend and why? I currently have Holdem Manager 2, I use it and I find it brilliant but I've never used anything else. (Except PS Elephant which wasn't great lets be honest).

So if you've used both which do you prefer and why? What differences will I notice if I purchase Poker Tracker 4 instead? Is it ever worth changing from software you're familiar with to one that you're unfamiliar with? In reality are they both equally as good, but it just depends on what you're used to?

Thoughts? Discuss...
  • 13 replies
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      I personally prefer HM2 just because I think it's set up better. There are also NoteCaddy packages available for purchase on 2p2 and I'm just more used to HM2.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by GraemeDR
      To anyone who has used both, which would recommend and why? I currently have Holdem Manager 2, I use it and I find it brilliant but I've never used anything else. (Except PS Elephant which wasn't great lets be honest).

So if you've used both which do you prefer and why? What differences will I notice if I purchase Poker Tracker 4 instead? Is it ever worth changing from software you're familiar with to one that you're unfamiliar with? In reality are they both equally as good, but it just depends on what you're used to?

Thoughts? Discuss...
      We sugest you try both tools, then stick with the one which best suits your workflow as a player. Luckily there are free trials available for both PT4 and HM2, plus we extend a free 14 day money back guarantee to all of our users to help you make the right decision. Choosing a tracking application is personal decision... good luck!
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerTracker

Thoughts? Discuss...
      We sugest you try both tools, then stick with the one which best suits your workflow as a player. Luckily there are free trials available for both PT4 and HM2, plus we extend a free 14 day money back guarantee to all of our users to help you make the right decision. Choosing a tracking application is personal decision... good luck!
      I just want to point out that a more generous discount would make your program much more appealing for the micro stakes players who now have to resort to free software.
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze

Thoughts? Discuss...
      I think both software are great and enough for most people except some people who want to exploring the software.

I myself prefer PT because it work for freeroll tournaments. I used to be participated in many of them. And now I'm too lazy to try HM2
      Another plus for PT : it using less computer resources than HM (CMIIW)

I'm sure HM have some advantages too.
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      I'd definitely do the free trials for both.

I started out with Poker Tracker, and had no issues with it. I was always curious about Notecaddy since i started with cash games, and it became HM2 exclusive. I decided to try it, and really liked the program. So that is what i am using now. I do like how the apps are packaged or contained in one program like Notecaddy, Leakbuster, Table Ninja, etc. Just from a convienience standpoint, it is nice, and you don't have a bunch of different icons all over your desktop. But most of the apps are available for Poker Tracker as well.

They do alot of similar things, so it really comes down to preference, and what works best for you.
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      PT4 not close
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by Phoenix2104]
      I just want to point out that a more generous discount would make your program much more appealing for the micro stakes players who now have to resort to free software.

PokerTracker 4 comes with free support for the lifetime of the application, many have said that the price of the support alone exceeds the cost of our software. Low Stakes version of PokerTracker 4 costs less than the average price for an affordable dinner for 2 (plus PokerStrategists get an additional discount), that's a very small price to pay for a tool that could help you learn, advance, and if you play well can also help you profit through self coaching in PokerTracker 4.

But if you must use freeware alternatives, we understand.... Hopefully someday you will be able to work with us as you advance up the micros stakes. Good luck!
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      I was using PT3 trial (60 days) and it really helped me to improve my game.
      At the end of the trial version, I won > $200 from NL2-NL5. Then I use part of the money to buy small version of it.

Just a little sugestion for someone who is starting to play poker with PS.com free money:

1. Try to play 1 table without tools (HUD). Read and learn material a lot.
      2. then after you feel comfortable at lowest limit and can add more tables, download and install PT trial version. This way you can max you trial version.
    • vilistaja
      vilistaja
      Bronze
      I am using PT4 and tried HM2 trial, also watched quite a lot HM2 database analysis videos. I am very satisfied with my pokertracker and i have had only some minor issues with it, but i have feeling that HM2 is more suitable for inexperienced user because it has more built in reports and stuff. On the other hand it seems that PT is more customisable for advanced computer user you just need to know how to get information from SQL database and you can make yourself any report you want, don't know if it is possible on HM2.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      I am very satisfied with my pokertracker and i have had only some minor issues with it, but i have feeling that HM2 is more suitable for inexperienced user because it has more built in reports and stuff. On the other hand it seems that PT is more customisable for advanced computer user you just need to know how to get information from SQL database and you can make yourself any report you want, don't know if it is possible on HM2.
      We do not know of any important information available in reports in HM2 that are not also available in PokerTracker 4, both of our companies want to assure that players have access to everything they need - we mostly differ in how that information is accessed, packaged, or sold as an add-on (with some rare exceptions). If you are privy to this information please share it with us - we will be happy to look into your claim... chances are we can show you where that report exists. Perhaps you have missed the treasure trove of reports available through grouping options (as shown here) or available in the PokerTracker Download Warehouse?

PS: This is a screencapture from the soon to be released OS X version of PokerTracker 4, we hope to have it ready to be downloaded by our users in February!

• MMPokerNab
      MMPokerNab
      Bronze
      To people asking for "more affordable ways to get HM2/PT4" - look on their official websites. There are ways to pay them via rake.

You'll just have to dedicate one skin/site to that cause. :)

OP related, and it's just my opinion: PT4 >> HM2.

I found HM2 to be much too CPU power abusive, while PT4 works well and I like its forums and costumer support.

in conclusion: try both, and keep in mind you can legally get both - visit their respective sites.
    • Phoenix2104
      Phoenix2104
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PokerTracker
      Originally posted by Phoenix2104]

PokerTracker 4 comes with free support for the lifetime of the application, many have said that the price of the support alone exceeds the cost of our software. Low Stakes version of PokerTracker 4 costs less than the average price for an affordable dinner for 2 (plus PokerStrategists get an additional discount), that's a very small price to pay for a tool that could help you learn, advance, and if you play well can also help you profit through self coaching in PokerTracker 4.
      That's a fair statement and I know eventually I'll buy one OR the other. To be honest I can repay it playing poker in a couple of weeks and I'm just an average micro-stakes player.
      Having said that though, if I would find an offer with let's say 30-40% discount I'd buy THAT software TOMORROW whichever it would be. ;)
    • sweets0
      sweets0
      Basic
      Hello! I posted this on other threads but for those who still want to know the difference between hm and pt check this link: http://www.pokerleakbuster.com/pokertracker_vs_holdemmanager.html hope this helps!