This is OUR year - Spungeh - Monte Carlo Time

• Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      So, First of, Welcome to the new chapter of Spungeh’s life. That’s me, incase you didn’t already guess from the few clues you have been given so far.

I’d like to start with that I know allot, and I mean allot of people start new ‘beginings’ in a new year, I have always found this pretty stupid, in the sense of, why wait for a certain time in order to change something that can ultimately be changed now? Why give yourself another 4days to have to work harder in order to relax and not upgrade your body and mind now? Therefore this blog, isn’t really a ‘New Year, New Start’ blog, but It is just so happens to be the new year in a few days time.

So Lets Recap

2012 – The Recap

So last year, I was sat at home reading a poker book, and staying at my parents house. I didn’t have a bedroom at the time, due to living at university, So I had come home for a visit, like you do. And ended up just staying on the seatie down stairs, due to not caring and it only being for a night or two anyway.

I had gone upstairs, and was bored, so looked through a pile of books, I stumbled across a poker book, about how a player had turned his life around and had made money playing a game. Now people that know me, will know I have never earnt money in the ‘tradional’ sense, I don’t do anything illegal, but don’t see me working a 9-5 for someone else any time soon.

I read the book, and found it pretty awesome (how he made money playing poker, not the book in general), I had a general grasp of poker anyway, and this book seemed abit, boring. I ended up putting the book down, and putting on the TV after everyone had gone to bed, I ended up watching a Poker game on there, and one of the adverts was for pokerstrategy, and a free $50. I was on that quicker than you could say “poker”.

I got the money of $50 free, after passing the quiz, with hmm well no study, and had to wait a few days to get it on partypoker.
      By this time I was back at university sitting in my little room, at my desk and was playing on PP, I can remember taking a picture the first time my roll went over $100, and thinking this game is awesome. I then eventually went busto, after some HU games with 1BI. Shame huh?

Fast forward a few months and I posted onto the staking forum looking for a stake and coach, I wanted the coach more, but thought you had to get a stake to, for this to be worthwhile. I ended up running into EmanuelC16, and he was my personally coach. I quickly turned my game around, and went on a huge heater at NL25 and just took it by storm. I’ve not really looked back since, Ive had up and downs, but Ive never disliked the game, and never ‘quit’ because of tilt or anything, but I have had to take breaks. It was around the time I met TwiceT.

To keep it short, our deal was “make TT money, make Spungeh money, run the world” and we are still ongoing here, and talk to him daily.

Along the way of 2012, I met some other people that had an impact in my live, I had already met my GF, but She should be here anyway, as she still had a huge impact on my life. Some mentioned above such as TT and Manu, I also ran into some other characters along the way, becoming good friends with most, some known here, some not. I ran into Cris, Schnitzelfish, JB Janka, Tom (AlbionPro), Wriggers, and even people that tend to hate me because I trash talk to much, and like to troll any serious chat that is undergoing in certain threads, such as Vonki. (had to add her, as I can’t allow her to hate me all of 2013 to), there are people I also met, that I just havn’t had time to get to know people that are pretty awesome people, such as dylboi, Ingrid, Mammoth, many other poker players that play really high and crush that Im to scared to try and start a private conversation with.

With general life, I moved 5times, moved in with my GF, into a penthouse, and am imo, crushing life, but not to what I want to be crushing it to. I want to be taking over the world, with just pure mind power, and then being able to fight people of with strength. This is why this blog is being made, not to look at the past any longer, but what Is in front of me.

I also hit my first $1k+ day, My first Live MTT Cash & FT, and my first ever live cash game in 2012, although I will keep 2012 achievements pretty small, as they have been written all in my other blog, Here (Real DoomSwitch Crusher : Spungeh's Million Dollar Challenge)

As the thread title says, “This IS OUR Year” – Spungeh. I have no idea why I’m quoting it, but I believe it, so I am going to have my name next to it.
      2012, was my introduction to my life, It was the first year where in poker, and in a career I took that step forward, where I engaged my brain into other activities, and I learnt new things, for a very long time. But all 2012 has done to me, is make me realise that I have so much more to learn, and so much more to accomplish, that I do not have time to party anymore.
      Allot of people will be saying to themselves, and others that 2013 is their year, they want to lose those lbs, they want to gain muscle, they want to become rich. But none of them say how they are going todo it, or why 2013 is any different to any other year in their entire life, and well that’s because it isn’t. Noone wakes up on 1st January and goes “awwwww, Im born again” and get new traits, habits, and work ethic. Noone, I repeat no one, not even god.

We have 4days left until 2013, and I’m beginning my journey now, as I said it just so happens to fall onto a NY date. So what is it I want to achieve, What Is it I want out of 2013?

Well I want to achieve what I have already begun to achieve, but I want to master it. 2013, for me, is not the year of party, is not the year of slacking off, and is not the year to waste away, my party year is 2015, my wasting away years are not for another 90 years. And well, I don’t ever want another slacking year. So the question to what do I want out of 2013, is well.. Nothing. I do not WANT anything out of 2013, 2013 does not have to give me anything, 2013 just has to come, be there and pass. I will get everything that I want, for that sake, lets change 2013 to “Year 1”, “Year 0” has 4days left, and we begin our first step into the big world.

But that hasn't really answered the question of what do I want to achieve, and how am I going to go about it. Well the ultimate goal would be to a super crusher at NL1k+ and to have a few successful business' and run the world. But, lets take baby steps. My year will be broken down into months, and at the w/c of the month, I will outline what I want to achieve and how I am going to go about achieving this, I will also have long goals, which will be broken down further, or shorter goals that are just there to create the ultimate goal that I want.

So for 2013, My ultimate goal, and the one thing that I will singly go towards for the rest of my life, is the simple but very hard goal of "Being the best in which I can, at Everything that I can" Its pretty broad, and to some this may mean I have room for failure, but do I?

No I don't, I can not ever fail, nor successfully do this goal, It is one in which I can never finish, and therefore never have a point of which I can fail or pass this goal. This goal is a lifetime goal, and only after life, will this goal be determined successful or not, by others.

But the generally concept applies, I want to increase my mental strength, physical strength, and all the basic things. But the interesting goals are as follows,

:spade: Study, Study, Study
      :spade: Grind, Grind, Grind
      :spade: Live, Live, Live
      :spade: Crush, Crush, Crush

Now, the way in which I am going to achieve these 4 ultimate goals, is in my monthly goals, and I will update this, when January starts. For now, my next few goals are simple.

:heart: Study
      :heart: Have Fun
      :heart: Grind
      :heart: Live
      :heart: Crush

In 4 days time, I will update with goals for January.

Many people will not read this, will not care, will laugh at what I’ve wrote, will envy me, some will wish me luck, others will just tell me I’m stupid. And I want all of those, in moderate sizes. I will gain strength from each different group of people, those that love, those that hate, and those that just sit and watch. In 1 years time I will then relook back and maybe see people behind me, but hopefully, and I mean this, I will not need to look back, but look to my side. Hopefully I will see you crossing that finish line with me by your side, together we can do this, together people can succeed, we are not lone wolves, we are not meant to be shadows, we have to get out of that hole and crawl our way to the top, the long dirty, muddy road to the top.

This is why its OUR year, we ARE going to take “year 1” by the balls, we ARE going to crush them, and we ARE going to make it grow another pair. All while having fun.

I will update this blog, in 2013, with solid goals for each month, and wish to see some of you there with me, taking those first steps.

Thanks for reading,

This is OUR year
      - Spungeh
  • 136 replies
    • LooserSR
      LooserSR
      Bronze
      well written :s_thumbsup:

good luck with your goals/visions :f_love:
    • Kyyberi
      Kyyberi
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      Many people will not read this, will not care, will laugh at what I’ve wrote, will envy me, some will wish me luck, others will just tell me I’m stupid. And I want all of those, in moderate sizes.
      I don't care.
      LOL
      I envy you.
      Good luck!
      You're stupid.
    • xJCzZ
      xJCzZ
      Bronze
      Woo drunken post :D

goodluck
    • r4zor9b
      r4zor9b
      Coach
      Coach
      Good luck, nice post :D
    • carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      I'm gonna follow :D
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      One blog per month, huh? :s_biggrin:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Nice blog
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Bronze
      Year 1 ftw
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I decided to read what you wrote and have come away from it with absolutely no idea of what you're going to do. I think you could have taken the 'Live' part for granted, or were you thinking of throwing yourself out of your penthouse in the New Year, but reconsidered?
    • BrokesoBroke
      BrokesoBroke
      Black
      Good luck!

Wish you all the best in the New Years!
    • carrapa
      carrapa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      Nice blog
      :D :D :D
    • mccol001
      mccol001
      Bronze
      Good luck. :)
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xJCzZ
      Woo drunken post :D

goodluck
      Originally posted by r4zor9b
      Good luck, nice post :D
      Originally posted by mccol001
      Good luck. :)

Originally posted by carrapa
      I'm gonna follow :D
      Thanks mate, hope to please

Originally posted by Kyyberi
      Many people will not read this, will not care, will laugh at what I’ve wrote, will envy me, some will wish me luck, others will just tell me I’m stupid. And I want all of those, in moderate sizes.
      I don't care.
      LOL
      I envy you.
      Good luck!
      You're stupid.
      Yes, someone got the idea of this

Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      One blog per month, huh? :s_biggrin:
      hardly just a 'new blog' though is it :D Trolololol

Nice blog
      I decided to read what you wrote and have come away from it with absolutely no idea of what you're going to do. I think you could have taken the 'Live' part for granted, or were you thinking of throwing yourself out of your penthouse in the New Year, but reconsidered?
      Arn't you to old to troll? :P

Well there is a difference between simply breathing and living, and a difference between actually living your life. Yes technically, If I am here, I am living. But If one was to stay in bed for the rest of your life, do you class that as living. I have greater goals to achieve, and therefore will live my life more.

Will beat you at chess, get ready. Oh also, I have a picture for you, was so stuck on what todo :D So I screenied, will show you soon :s_cool:

Originally posted by DannyG13
      Year 1 ftw
      Quality film :D

Originally posted by BrokesoBroke
      Good luck!

Wish you all the best in the New Years!
      Thanks, you to.
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      GL dude.

You smashed 2012, hopefully you'll do the same for 2013!
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze

Arn't you to old to troll? :P

Well there is a difference between simply breathing and living, and a difference between actually living your life. Yes technically, If I am here, I am living. But If one was to stay in bed for the rest of your life, do you class that as living. I have greater goals to achieve, and therefore will live my life more.

Will beat you at chess, get ready. Oh also, I have a picture for you, was so stuck on what todo :D So I screenied, will show you soon :s_cool:
      Too old to troll - very droll.

I like it in my bed - the kids can't get me there if I pretend to be asleep, if I'm there, I'm not at work, it's very comfy, and last, but not least, mrsjb is often there too.

If you want to beat me at chess, you'd better start paying more attention to my sage advice.

But seriously, I do hope you do well in 2013. As I said before, I would be happy if you could beat me at chess, at least occasionally, by the end of the year.
    • bjela
      bjela
      Bronze
      Nice first post, gonna follow.

And you can never be too old to troll, IMO.
    • acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      I follow this nice blog
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      just do it. dont alw talk about it. btw skype later today. gl
    • PrinzDepunkt
      PrinzDepunkt
      Bronze
      nice blog