banned on 2+2 forum

• gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      Not sure if I can post this. Sorry if I violate something.

I'm just interested..
      I'm sure many of pokerstrategy members visits 2+2 forums too, right?
      Yesterday I was browsing 2+2 etc, and today when I wake up I got this message:
      "You have been banned for the following reason:
      Phishing is not permitted

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

What is this??!
  • 31 replies
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Hmm, most likely someone did this through your account :( .
    • gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      Damn!

I probably have been robbed... I remember yesterday someone send me PM on forums in whcih was along lines "I would like to hear your comments on this hand..." or something. Then when I clicked on that link I kinda was signed off and I just think that my browser is messing with me, so I typed my 2+2 username & password.

Tried it 2 times. Kinda loged in, on main page of 2+2. Just thought it was invalid link or something.

Now when I loged in Full Tilt I also saw that my account balance is almost $0. Money just vanished......

@$%@$@^!^%!$!%

What should I do? Can this be fixed??
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      I'm sorry to hear that :( . Were your username and password the same for your poker site and the forums?
    • gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      Yes, I think it was.

So the question is:

1) Can I get my money back?
      2) Can I use 2+2 because right now I can't?

I'm sooooo angry now!!! :rage:
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
      if I where you I would change your passwords of the pokersites and other forums before the same persons hacks into those too

I don't know if it is possible but if so I would send them an e-mail that your account had been hacked and you where no where not the one doing the phishing.
    • gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      I did. Furtunatley, I have different username at Party Poker.

Messaged both 2+2, and FTP. Waiting for replies!!

Has someone experienced this?

#%@$^, wanted to read some good posts and study my game. Now I can't even login there and have almost none money. Good start of day.

P.S. I would appreciate some good relaxing music right now!
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Are you using any security software?

All you can do now is wait for replies. You might get your money because they can track if he chip dumped.
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Silver
    • gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

All you can do now is wait for replies.
      Basic security: firewall on, antivirus (MSE).

Can't really do anything while they haven't replied... Maybe some movie?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gigenieks

All you can do now is wait for replies.
      Basic security: firewall on, antivirus (MSE).

Can't really do while they haven't replied... Maybe some movie?
      I suggest some comedy movies actually. Tough times require a morale booster imo.

I asked about security software because it's very bad publicity if it missed such an obvious phishing link. I suggest using one of the top2 softwares available: Kaspersky or BitDefender. Should be worth the $75/year.
    • gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      Maybe antivirus could prevent this, maybe not.. who knows. But in reality I should have been careful:
      First if we think about it content of that message was suspicious (unknown member asking specifically my opinion on some hand - why don't pust it on forum section??)... Secondly, link provided for me to open (didn't check path is was leading...) And lastly, when it asked to reenter my username & password.

While I browse forums I'm looking for valuable posts, topics or trying to help someone. I was in helpful mood, so I wanted to reply. It didn't even cross my mind that this #$%%^ could happen there.

I have calmed down a little, quite relaxing music --->

• Mark1790
      Mark1790
      Silver
      gigenieks I suggest that you download and run Superantispyware and Malwarebytes Anti Malware
      in case you have a keylogger installed. I also think that you should visit this site http://www.trendmicro.co.uk/products/free-tools-and-services/ and run Housecall and Rubotted.

This may seem like overkill but I did have my PC hacked and they got into various accounts
      including Pokerstars and Betfair.
      So I run this lot on a regular basis it does not take that long and gives me peace of mind.

Now that FT has been taken over by Stars you are in with a chance of getting your moneyback.
      I got my moneyback as the person who got in transfered funds to another player.
      I think that if he/she had lost it playing to an innocent party then it would have history.

best of luck
      Mark
    • Tarhonya
      Tarhonya
      Bronze
      Then when I clicked on that link I kinda was signed off and I just think that my browser is messing with me, so I typed my 2+2 username & password.
      There. You input your login details to a fake 2+2 site, that's how your login details got stolen. From that, it doesn't take a genius to try the very same account details in poker rooms you're playing on, based on your 2+2 posts.

You should tell FTP about the situation and that you had the same login details for the 2+2 forums. Whoever used your FTP account probably chipdumped - which is easily trackable - or linked your FTP account to a Stars account and transferred your money to his account which again, is easily trackable.

Good luck and keep us updated!
    • Mark1790
      Mark1790
      Silver
      If this bas***d got you by a fake link he /she is also smart enough to
      silently load other stuff on your PC ie malware which includes viruses, Trojans, rootkits, botnets, spyware, scareware, and more.
      I still think you should checkout your PC.
      I was in the sh** about a year ago.
      I was told by Stars that if the account was hacked via my PC (which it was!!) then it was
      my responsibility and that they were not liable for any losses .
      However they did investigate and return money to me.
      I take it that you have contacted FT support regarding the money.

good luck and keep us posted!
      Mark
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Also never ever use the same password at 2 different sites. You're just asking for trouble by doing this. :f_frown:
    • gigenieks
      gigenieks
      Global
      Yes, everybody is supposed to use different passwords for different sites.
      But in reality, who does it? Do you, if you honest, have like 15 different passwords??? ?(
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      But in reality, who does it? Do you, if you honest, have like 15 different passwords??? ?(
      I do. :) No kidding.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      I do. :) No kidding.
      I do too at least for the most important stuff like emails and poker clients.
      If you use a password manager it's not such a big deal
    • JimC6
      JimC6
      Bronze
      I use different passwords for things that matter like poker accounts, e-mail, banks/wallets and consumer sites but for stuff that doesn't really matter like forums and game sites I use the same password.

Another thing which I don't think anybody has said so far is never click any links from people you don't trust. I personally get a lot of e-mails and things from sites that look legit but if you hover the mouse pointer over the link you can see it goes to a place totally different to what it says.

I pretty much never click on links on forums like 2+2 and such, as you have found out the hard way it is not worth risking your computer being infected just to see a funny video or help someone with a poker hand.