Hand evaluations, some threads are very old and not evaluated

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      Hello,

The hand evaluation forums are good, anwers are good, reponse time is good, but I noticed, that there are some threads left not evaluated very old, comparing to the new ones.

I suggest doing it this way - starting to evaluate from the oldest to newest. That way there will be like waiting line. Now its just success if your thread will be evaluated fast or not.

Or maybe those threads are forgotten already. I don't know how the panel looks like for evaluators.

I think veriz did that way which I described and I liked that.

Exmaples of very old threads:

blind battle

NL25sh - T8cc stonecold bluff

I did not search more but I believe there are more.
  • 9 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi again,

We'll look into this, thank you for pointing it out. :)

Ingrid
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Heyhey,

Thanks for the nice words about the general state of the hand evaluation forum, its been a tough few months, things have gone better than expected but we still expect big improvements moving into 2013, quality levels need to be very very very high.

Both of the threads you posted are obviously right. I'll mention again to the guys to start from the oldest threads, however one thing to note is that with discussion boards, if there are lots of long threads where the guys are going back and forth then it is likely that they will see a thread they are deeply involved in and reply to it etc etc.

Thanks for the words and will pass the message on to the team.

Happy holidays
      Patrick
    • DasWodka
      DasWodka
      Bronze
      15$ 45 man FT - T7o

over a month now..
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey all,

This is definitely something we take seriously. We monitor performance in 3 ways.

1) Quantity of posts -> we want a good, busy, vibrant community where our members WANT to post. Last month we had more posts than almost any other month of the year, so we are really happy in this regard

2) Quality of replies -> We want out members to receive good replies and to create a discussion mentality in the forum.

We decided to build an army of hand evaluators for this exact reason.

BogdanPS
      MBML
      Kymupa
      Emanuelc16
      ImfromSweden
      Pleno1 (sup)
      cutegoldfish
      serverm07
      supeyrio
      fitzinator18
      kaitz20
      LgWz
      W34z3l
      nmipies
      getdotacom
      Keyser1
      Tomaloc

All of the above are posting in all of the NL sections and all are great players who can give very valuable advice.

3) Consistency/reliability -> It is no point having an amazing team if we don't answer as many thread as possible. We have a performance indicator which tells us the % of threads that we reply to. Last month and all other recent months the NL boards have responded to over 99% of threads. We also saw a 1 hour response time on average for every thread. When there are thousands (literally) of threads, one or two will escape the radar, but in general at the moment the performance from the guys is high. Maybe there is a better way we can escalate threads that haven't been replied to? Over the next month or so, I will go over the last 5 pages each day and look for "escaped" threads and highlight them for the coaches.

Thanks again for flagging this guys <3
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      When there are thousands (literally) of threads, one or two will escape the radar, but in general at the moment the performance from the guys is high

I guess the problem is not with the coahces but with the tool. Probably they have manually find unevaluated threads or so. If they have manually find the unevaluated threads, the results are good when they leave just few out of thousands.

I think its not that hard task to make the feature so the oldest unevaluated threasds would be seen at the top for coaches. So then it will be almost imposible to miss the thread :)

But yeah, as I heard nobody is working on this forum development, because working on new version. So this could be improved at least in new version.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I'll pass that forward to the team yeah :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      One of the other things to keep in mind is that some users do not use the "advise judge to take another look" button which makes it even harder for us to spot hands that need further replies/clarification (especially since there are so many hands posted each day that posts get bumped to the second page fast).
    • bennisboy
      bennisboy
      Bronze
      I have posted some hands over the last few days.

I think the response time has been great, as well as the quality of replies, so thanks all!
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by bennisboy
      I have posted some hands over the last few days.

I think the response time has been great, as well as the quality of replies, so thanks all!
      Thanks! At the end of month I'll try to post some stats.