[NL2-NL10] nl5 KK

• DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $3.65 (73 bb)
      MP3: $2 (40 bb)
      CO: $10.48 (209.6 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $8.38 (167.6 bb)
      BB: $5.26 (105.2 bb)
      UTG+2: $5 (100 bb)
      MP1: $8.69 (173.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K K
      UTG+2 raises to $0.15, 3 folds, CO calls $0.15, Hero raises to $0.65, 2 folds, UTG+2 calls $0.50, CO folds

Flop: ($1.52) A A 6 (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero bets $1, UTG+2 calls $1

Turn: ($3.52) Q (2 players)
      UTG+2 checks, Hero checks

River: ($3.52) 3 (2 players)
      UTG+2 bets $2.35, Hero folds

Tricky spot really, put him on either AK, AQ, KQ JJ+. really got stuck on whether to bet the turn/ call the river.
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop 3betting is fine.

What's the plan when we cbet on the flop? Are we just going to bet just one street and if not on which turn cards are we going to continue.
      Also lets think about the sizing - which sizing will be the most appropriate here?

Best,
      Plamen
    • DrRaab
      DrRaab
      Bronze
      Forgot to add that villain was unknown.

I was going to barrel again on anything less than a Jack as i would expect pocket pairs lower than that to fold from my cbet. Bet sizing if i was to bet turn around 2/3's pot?
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Whenever you make a bet, you should consider what your range is in a spot, what your opponents range is and how your bet sizing will affect what he puts you on. Here you bet 2/3 pot which is very big and you are repping very strong, so I doubt he even continues with underpairs so I feel like he only continues with an A.

Also it looks you have no plan for the hand and are just clicking buttons. This is bad.

I think in this spot we can bet 1/2 pot and comfortably get stacks in by the river and we get a better price on our bluffs. I don't hate checking back and trying to go for value or bluff catch on the turn and river.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello again,

I do agree with serverm07 here.

First of all, considering the action preflop and the fact that he can't have the Ah/Kh his range on the flop is mostly PPs and Ax here.
      So, we lose against Ax and we can take one street of value, or at the very best situation two, against the PPs.
      So cbetting here isn't necessary in my opinion, since we can easily take the value against the PPs on the later streets.
      Also, your sizing is way too big in my opinion. You bet 2/3 of the pot which is big in 3bet pots, especially on this AAx board. If I go for a bet I'd bet like $0.6-$0.7 with my entire range here.

In conclusion, I do want to advice you to always have a plan for the hand on the later streets and this will help you avoid awkward situations where you don't really know what to do.

Best,
      Plamen