This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - call pre being oop?

• 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      3betting seems fine. BB looks like a reg so he's more likely to expand his 3bet range when he can squeeze plus your hand is pretty good to 3bet, especially OOP.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay, would u say that a call is -EV?

Would u still 3bet here whilst knowing CO doesn't fold to 3bets nor cbets? Or is it again all about our range, playing our eq etc? :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Okay, would u say that a call is -EV?

Would u still 3bet here whilst knowing CO doesn't fold to 3bets nor cbets? Or is it again all about our range, playing our eq etc? :)
      When I know he doesn't fold pre or flop I think of turn or river. Even if he doesn't ever fold you can value bet thinly when you flop a pair and there are no overcards around imo. You do reach a point where you can't make money if your opponent plays very well, especially when he has position. I am confident in being able to barrel and check/call at a good frequency overall both with my range and T9s so I would still 3bet but I already think of different way to play it, not just the 3bet pre and cbet most flops. That is the key to being able to 3bet more!
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      internet and pleno are all about having a 3bet/fold range in this spot. However I think people don't sqz bb anywhere as much as people tend to think. This guy seems like a bad reg so I don't hate a flat. I think 3betting is totally fine. If he is not folding ever then obv we cant just mindlessly cbet every flop and should have a plan for the hand and think about why we are cbetting.