[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - call pre being oop?

• 4 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      3betting seems fine. BB looks like a reg so he's more likely to expand his 3bet range when he can squeeze plus your hand is pretty good to 3bet, especially OOP.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Okay, would u say that a call is -EV?

Would u still 3bet here whilst knowing CO doesn't fold to 3bets nor cbets? Or is it again all about our range, playing our eq etc? :)
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Okay, would u say that a call is -EV?

Would u still 3bet here whilst knowing CO doesn't fold to 3bets nor cbets? Or is it again all about our range, playing our eq etc? :)
      When I know he doesn't fold pre or flop I think of turn or river. Even if he doesn't ever fold you can value bet thinly when you flop a pair and there are no overcards around imo. You do reach a point where you can't make money if your opponent plays very well, especially when he has position. I am confident in being able to barrel and check/call at a good frequency overall both with my range and T9s so I would still 3bet but I already think of different way to play it, not just the 3bet pre and cbet most flops. That is the key to being able to 3bet more!
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      internet and pleno are all about having a 3bet/fold range in this spot. However I think people don't sqz bb anywhere as much as people tend to think. This guy seems like a bad reg so I don't hate a flat. I think 3betting is totally fine. If he is not folding ever then obv we cant just mindlessly cbet every flop and should have a plan for the hand and think about why we are cbetting.