[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - A9s get it in?

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Villain is a reg (multitables) over 80 hands. 25/17 he played at the time I think

I assumed that he raises sets probably on the flop... Should I go broke OTT? Can he raise flushdraw there?

SB was also a reg btw

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2045512
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $32.56
      Hero (MP): $66.17
      CO: $57.81
      BTN: $95.02
      SB: $50.00
      BB: $78.38

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is MP with 9 :heart: A :heart:
      1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 1 fold, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($5.00) A :club: 7 :club: 6 :spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50, SB folds

Turn: ($12.00) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $8, CO raises to $17.25, Hero raises to $61.17 all in, CO calls $35.56 all in

River: ($117.62) J :diamond: (2 players - 2 are all in)
  • 10 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hmmm...

Not too sure about your cbet with 2 regs in the pot. What's your plan? I think CO is indeed a bit unlikely to have sets.. Maybe 89c, 89s, 78s? JTcc? Can't really put him on an exact range..

If you put in 66 and 77 in his range you have 10%. For each draw you put into his range (pair + draw, combo FD + straight draw) you have about 5% extra.

Can you think of more combos? Maybe more value combos?

Board: A:club: 7:club: 6:spade:  9:diamond:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      MP2    39.99%  39.99%   0.00% { Ah9h }
      MP3    60.01%  60.01%   0.00% { 77-66, JcTc, Tc9c, 9c8c, 8s7s, 8c6c, 6c5c }
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      He could have 99 :D .

Well, looking back at it and thinking deeper I feel like people are not that likely to raise a hand like 8c6c or TcJc but prefer to play a bit more passive? Same for 5c6c. Which makes it prob. a fold.

About the CB: Yes I agree that it's too thin but if we check it's really hard to play isn't it?
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      I'm actually kind of curious why emanuel thinks this spot is a check on the flop because I think I usually just cbet here also.

And on the turn I'm kind of lost here on what the best play is. I think he should know that it's very hard for us to continue here with anything but aa/77 and prob doesn't put any 2 pairs in our range.

I disagree about him not having sets that often because the sb is left to act so he can call to keep him in or call trying to get you to bet two with the intention of raising turn. I'm not even sure how much I like raising there in his spot with sets or bluffs. Blah to be honest I suck at this spot and would be interested in hearing some thoughts from others.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      I think my problem with checking is that anyone good with any equity will tend to own us in position.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Actually I thought about this quite a bit and figured out I play different vs different players. It all comes down to their ranges and frequencies + how they will perceive different actions from me imo. With that being said we can't really give you "solid" advice on this hand without that information. Seriously take more time to post your hands if it's a tough spot and provide reads and stuff. You will see that you get way more out of the hand this way.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by serverm07
      Actually I thought about this quite a bit and figured out I play different vs different players. It all comes down to their ranges and frequencies + how they will perceive different actions from me imo. With that being said we can't really give you "solid" advice on this hand without that information. Seriously take more time to post your hands if it's a tough spot and provide reads and stuff. You will see that you get way more out of the hand this way.
      Yes I know, normally I gave a wall of text each time I posted a hand but I figured it took too much time :D .
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      If you dont put time into a hand then how can you expect us to put time in a hand? From now on I'm just gonna respond with short responses like yea get it in. No fold without explaining ok?
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      that's the kind of stuff I would expect from guys at 10nl and lower. You are starting to move up to 50nl, this is where you should work on making your game as solid as possible so you can move up quickly to 100 and 200. The quicker you reduce the mistakes you make through hands and grinding the quicker you can move up.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I'm actually kind of curious why emanuel thinks this spot is a check on the flop because I think I usually just cbet here also.
      Because our barreling equity also sucks.. I basically don't have any idea how we can make money with our hand too much but I do expect NL50 regs to be more on the passive side so check/calling once usually gets us to showdown which is not bad at all. We will be good enough of the time to do so. If we bet and get called we have to often check/fold or bet with little equity.

With regards to CO flatting to keep SB in, I think unless he views SB as fishy, CO would raise his made hands quite often (not 100% of the time). I think the standard NL50 players don't think of how they play their range often enough so will play their sets in a way, their draws in another way and their top pairs with another line.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      If you dont put time into a hand then how can you expect us to put time in a hand? From now on I'm just gonna respond with short responses like yea get it in. No fold without explaining ok?
      Sorry sir. I'll try to change in the future. You're right