DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): $50.00
      UTG: $52.76
      MP: $53.40
      CO: $60.77
      BTN: $24.35
      SB: $28.30

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with J :diamond: A :club:
      1 fold, MP raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1.25, Hero raises to $6, 1 fold, SB calls $4.50

Flop: ($13.50) 5 :club: 3 :heart: 9 :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $6.50, SB calls $6.50

Turn: ($26.50) 7 :club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($26.50) Q :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $15.80 all in, Hero folds
  • 9 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Farma,

Preflop: looks fine as a bluff vs MP and value raise vs SB.

Postflop: Considering SB is fishy and short, and considering the board and our hand I'd take a free card and fold to any action.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Don't u like to make him fold non-pair hands, broadways?
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Pre Flop
      I think the 3bet is fine for value vs fishy SB, what do you think is his range here?

Flop
      Bet is fine but think about the ranges he call you here. would he call a hand like KT? QJ? 66?

Turn
      you are ahead of his overcards but behind his pairs and i doubt hes folding a pair so checking is fine.

River
      What is he check/calling on the flop with, checking the turn and shoving the river? he is representing the queen. i think this means he could be calling on the flop with 2 overs and it would include hands like KT AT QJ. i dont think a hand like TT is going to play that way.

given the sizing i call and expect to be correct about half the time seeing his 2 overs.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      Assuming the fish is passive we can make him fold those on the turn and I doubt he'd bluff us with them (plus we are really only making worse hands fold anyway although we do attack the dead money in the pot and can try to make him fold his equity).
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      Pre Flop
      I think the 3bet is fine for value vs fishy SB, what do you think is his range here?

Flop
      Bet is fine but think about the ranges he call you here. would he call a hand like KT? QJ? 66?

Turn
      you are ahead of his overcards but behind his pairs and i doubt hes folding a pair so checking is fine.

River
      What is he check/calling on the flop with, checking the turn and shoving the river? he is representing the queen. i think this means he could be calling on the flop with 2 overs and it would include hands like KT AT QJ. i dont think a hand like TT is going to play that way.

given the sizing i call and expect to be correct about half the time seeing his 2 overs.
      He can have any flush.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Assuming the fish is passive we can make him fold those on the turn and I doubt he'd bluff us with them (plus we are really only making worse hands fold anyway although we do attack the dead money in the pot and can try to make him fold his equity).
      Yeah that's an option but it feels like he's gonna bet those QJ hands OTT ones I check flop and then I'm folding the best hand. By betting flop we also have a free river. I think FE w/ flopbet >>> FE w/ delayed bet any any case vs fishes because they don't think about ranges, they see weakness and play back
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Yeah that's an option but it feels like he's gonna bet those QJ hands OTT ones I check flop and then I'm folding the best hand. By betting flop we also have a free river. I think FE w/ flopbet >>> FE w/ delayed bet any any case vs fishes because they don't think about ranges, they see weakness and play back
      Villain, if passive (which is our assumption) would not bluff your turn that often. And if you are really skeptical and thinks he bluffs often why not call the turn with your A high? Sure it's light but you are playing based on ranges.

Our equity is poor so getting that free card won't help us much. Best case scenario we have 6 outs.

I still think the flop is marginal considering the texture/villain (stack size). It does only have to work 33% of the time and we have some equity in the hand.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Can u please explain why his stacksize is so bad?

And what do we do when he's fullstacked?

It does only have to work 33% of the time

Isn't this in favour of a CB? :P
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Can u please explain why his stacksize is so bad?

And what do we do when he's fullstacked?

It does only have to work 33% of the time

Isn't this in favour of a CB? :P
      In my mind a smaller stack implies that villain can stack off lighter. For example a lot of shorter fish feel more comfortable going broke with weaker holdings while short. So in a spot like this I can see him ck/shoving a wider range than he would if he was full stacked.

The other problem with the stack size is that we cannot double barrel without putting him all in (pretty much).