SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:spade: Q:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (9.4 BB, 3 players) J:heart: 7:heart: 7:club:
      BB checks, CO checks, Hero bets 6.72 BB, fold, CO calls 6.72 BB

Turn: (22.84 BB, 2 players) 5:spade:
      CO checks, Hero bets 12 BB, CO calls 12 BB

River: (46.84 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
      CO checks, Hero bets 26 BB, CO raises to 91.56 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 52.28 BB and is all-in

Hero shows A:spade: Q:spade: (Two Pair, Queens and Sevens) (Pre 70%, Flop 49%, Turn 67%)
      CO shows 6:heart: A:heart: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 30%, Flop 51%, Turn 33%)
      CO wins 0 BB
      Hero wins 193.24 BB

440 hands, VPiP 20, PFR 16, cbet flop 55, raise cbet flop 3/10, turn and river no much info.

Is my value bet river ok? the way he played from flop, I put him on fd, and bet turn, and plan to check back river and win against missed fd, is it ok?
      On river, it was tough call, usually I fold here, but what does he represent with his line? Only slowplay JJ or 77. 7x I think he would raise to protect.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks good

Postflop: Multiway I'm not a huge fan of the cbet on the flop as I'd expect to get called often.

As played what's the purpose of the turn bet? Thin value versus FDs? What do you think his range is made off after calling flop.

On the river your line is fine. I'd say that he also reps QJ (besides 77/JJ) and missed draws.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      On flop it was not cbet but nobody was interested in pot so I bet IP, with overcards.
      Turn he is passive again, so I bet, and hope he folds TT, weak Jx, or weaker, or he calls with fd. If I check behind, and dont hit A or Q, fd bluffs river and I fold.
      But I agree with turn not to bet.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      On flop it was not cbet but nobody was interested in pot so I bet IP, with overcards.
      Turn he is passive again, so I bet, and hope he folds TT, weak Jx, or weaker, or he calls with fd. If I check behind, and dont hit A or Q, fd bluffs river and I fold.
      But I agree with turn not to bet.
      My apologies, I thought we raised.

This changes things a bit because PFR is usually weak when he cks there.

I also don't really think he can fold TT to that turn 1/2 bet on that blank.