[NL2-NL10] [NL2 SH] QQ set

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $1.36 (68 bb)
      BTN: $5 (250 bb)
      SB: $3.50 (175 bb)
      BB: $1.70 (85 bb)
      Hero (MP): $4.42 (221 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      Hero raises to $0.07, CO calls $0.07, BTN calls $0.07, SB calls $0.06, BB folds

Flop: ($0.30) 8 Q 9 (4 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, CO folds, BTN calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.54) K (3 players)
      SB bets $0.06, Hero raises to $0.56, BTN raises to $2.26, SB folds, Hero raises to $4.27 and is all-in, BTN calls $2.01

Quite an interesting hand imo. I wasn't going to post it, but I need a hand for my slowplay BC homework.

Looking at it again, I realized that slowplay might not be the best line on the flop. What do you think, raise the flop, or we can call and make a few other players hit something? I didn't consider the board to be dangerous, and I though that I'm far ahead of everyone.

BU is not the best player in the world, I saw him going too far with marginal hands, and he also doesn't like me very much and can call my cbet & 2nd barrel with some crap. He likes to play a lot of hands vpip:31 pfr:18 hands:150.

On the turn BU could have a straight. He could also have KJ or slowplayed AK, also 2P: 89, QK, K9, K8. Is it fine to play for stacks being 220 bb deep? I still have 10 outs for the board to pair, but maybe I should discount the kings. Or is it better to call and fold on the river if he bets big again and the board didn't pair? I don't really feel like folding a set of queens though :f_biggrin:

TY
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey German,

Look at this wall of text. Let's read through it :f_biggrin:

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree that a slowplay is not the best here considering villains bet and the fact that we are 4-way AND deep with the donker/btn.

We want to get as much money in here asap before the board gets uglier or the pot is too small to do much about it.

Considering how passive we played the hand BTN could raise 2p for value here although he is raising our raise which usually looks pretty strong.

However I still think that going with the hand (versus calling) is better.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Thanks, Bogdan.

I like writing "walls of text", because it makes things in my head more organized :) When you think you know something, and when you actually try to explain this to another person -- makes a big difference in your understanding. So I like explaining :)