This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQ TPTK in 3bet pot

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Silver
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $15 (30 bb)
      CO: $100.80 (201.6 bb)
      BTN: $35 (70 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $52.15 (104.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: A:club:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.25, BB calls $4.75, BTN folds

Flop: ($12) 5:heart: 6:heart: Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, BB raises to $12, Hero folds

Results: $24 pot ($1.20 rake)
      Final Board: 5:heart: 6:heart: Q:spade:
      Hero mucked Q:heart: A:club: and lost (-$11.25 net)
      BB mucked and won $22.80 ($11.55 net)

24/19 78hands. BB

BTN was aggresive fish.

I think he can flat QQ+/AK preflop to keep the fish?

On this flop? I don`t see him bluffing too often with a min raise, so i`m probably against QQ+, maybe nut FD (AK/AJ) and sometime AQ?
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Pre Flop
      why did you 3bet? im guessing its for value against the fish. do you have any reads or seen him cold calling hands?

i agree that he could show up with a hand like QQ+/AK but i think often enough he could also have broadways like QJ, QTo or sometimes random stuff like Ah4h.

unless you can exclude hands like QJ or QT from his coldcalling range i think its fine to continue by shipping over. there are many dominated hands he could have.

if he shows you bad news and turns up with the dreaded QQ+, then you can make a note that he coldcalled to keep the fish in, otherwise do not assume everyone you see is a competent regular.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Im not folding flop for sure. I think your decision to bet fold is an uncertain one and if u are not sure whatto do vs a raise u can consider checking flop. I am doubtful that u can go for three streets od value anyway.

But i would bet myself and call the raise and checkshove blank turns mostly