[NL20-NL50] AQ TPTK in 3bet pot

• AchillesBG
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $15 (30 bb)
      CO: $100.80 (201.6 bb)
      BTN: $35 (70 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $52.15 (104.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q:heart: A:club:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.25, BB calls $4.75, BTN folds

Flop: ($12) 5:heart: 6:heart: Q:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, BB raises to $12, Hero folds

Results: $24 pot ($1.20 rake)
      Final Board: 5:heart: 6:heart: Q:spade:
      Hero mucked Q:heart: A:club: and lost (-$11.25 net)
      BB mucked and won $22.80 ($11.55 net)

24/19 78hands. BB

BTN was aggresive fish.

I think he can flat QQ+/AK preflop to keep the fish?

On this flop? I don`t see him bluffing too often with a min raise, so i`m probably against QQ+, maybe nut FD (AK/AJ) and sometime AQ?
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      Pre Flop
      why did you 3bet? im guessing its for value against the fish. do you have any reads or seen him cold calling hands?

i agree that he could show up with a hand like QQ+/AK but i think often enough he could also have broadways like QJ, QTo or sometimes random stuff like Ah4h.

unless you can exclude hands like QJ or QT from his coldcalling range i think its fine to continue by shipping over. there are many dominated hands he could have.

if he shows you bad news and turns up with the dreaded QQ+, then you can make a note that he coldcalled to keep the fish in, otherwise do not assume everyone you see is a competent regular.
    • mbml

Im not folding flop for sure. I think your decision to bet fold is an uncertain one and if u are not sure whatto do vs a raise u can consider checking flop. I am doubtful that u can go for three streets od value anyway.

But i would bet myself and call the raise and checkshove blank turns mostly