[NL2-NL10] [NL2 SH] 99 vs. a LAG

• Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $3.71 (185.5 bb)
      BTN: $5.52 (276 bb)
      SB: $1.85 (92.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $4.11 (205.5 bb)
      UTG: $5.03 (251.5 bb)
      MP: $2.73 (136.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 9
      UTG raises to $0.08, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.17) 8 3 J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.10, UTG raises to $0.46, Hero folds

The villains is 69/44/54/61 vpip/pfr/agg%/hands.

Can we 3bet for value here? Would be a shame if we got re-raised. How about TT-JJ, do we flat them as well?

How about donking on the flop? Or it's useless against an aggressive opponent? Should we rather play check/fold? If we decide to call, we might see a 2nd barrel, so I can't see why we would check/call.

TY
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey German,

Preflop: looks fine. The 3-bet, OOP would be really thin. How would you play on high card boards? How often do you think you'll see a high card on the flop?

Postflop: What's the point of a donk vs this aggro guy?

We can just ck/call if we find he is betting too much or ck/fold and play it "safe"/simple.
    • Th334
      Th334
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hey German,

Preflop: looks fine. The 3-bet, OOP would be really thin. How would you play on high card boards? How often do you think you'll see a high card on the flop?

We can just ck/call if we find he is betting too much or ck/fold and play it "safe"/simple.
      True, didn't notice that we are OOP. I think we will see a high card most of the time :f_biggrin:

I don't know, yup, a donk is stupid. Bogdan, I think this guy was actually just shoving over the top on the turn or river if I called him in previous hands. In this case we just stay away from him without a strong hand, right?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Th334
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hey German,

True, didn't notice that we are OOP. I think we will see a high card most of the time :f_biggrin:

I don't know, yup, a donk is stupid. Bogdan, I think this guy was actually just shoving over the top on the turn or river if I called him in previous hands. In this case we just stay away from him without a strong hand, right?
      Pretty much. We don't want to put money in the pot with random hands that can't take any heat or make it to showdown.