UTG wins $2.44

Marginal river call, acceptable if he is bluffing sometimes
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: I'm assuming villain is unknown? If so it looks fine

Postflop: I much more prefer to bet/fold the turn rather than ck back and call his river bet.

I can't see much worse or many bluffs in his range for the river bet.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He can't have much of anything giving him my range might expect KK-TT,KsQs c/c flop, KK-TT,ATs+,KsQs,ATo+ if he is really passive , by checking turn we potcontrol and induce but at the river we should fold to a bet TT,AQs+,ATs,KsQs,AQo+,ATo, but if he checks we have an easy bet but he might fold. By betting turn we make money even if he folds his pockets, but we really have to give up river.

Against passives and aggros alike i like checking turn especially if i know them better because they either bluff it or open it only when they have something and c/c or c/f when they don't.

This hand make me doubt my usual line but i think it's okay but against an unknowns we really don't know what to do, so i like b/f, we charge 1 card fd-s as well. Makes me wonder should i use this line more.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      He can't have much of anything giving him my range might expect KK-TT,KsQs c/c flop, KK-TT,ATs+,KsQs,ATo+ if he is really passive , by checking turn we potcontrol and induce but at the river we should fold to a bet TT,AQs+,ATs,KsQs,AQo+,ATo, but if he checks we have an easy bet but he might fold. By betting turn we make money even if he folds his pockets, but we really have to give up river.

Against passives and aggros alike i like checking turn especially if i know them better because they either bluff it or open it only when they have something and c/c or c/f when they don't.

This hand make me doubt my usual line but i think it's okay but against an unknowns we really don't know what to do, so i like b/f, we charge 1 card fd-s as well. Makes me wonder should i use this line more.
      In your first paragraph you said you want to check to induce, but since he doesn't have much to bluff with are you talking about inducing a lighter river call? That's the only thing that would make sense.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      bet turn for value. as played call river I guess.