This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50sh - 3bet bluff pretty tight guy

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hey all!

Villain: 17/15/120h 4/22 MP open (18%) Foldto3b 2/2

Preflop:
      What is our default strategy? We had a similar hand where I had AJs and called vs UTG open, that discussion is still going on btw :P

I think it's indeed fine to 3bet or fold in this spot vs pretty tight reg vs +-our whole range. ATs+, AJo+, KQo+, KJs+, TJs+, QQ+. I feel like calling 22-JJ though and this would make our range EXTREMELY exploitable. I have no idea how we can solve this unless we flat some QKs, AQs, AJs? Is this fine then?

Turn:
      I was thinking about every move here since it's really close. I did think I could make him fold JJ in this spot and that is why I choose to bet. Maaaybe he has some floats and it's fine if he folds that.

The main problem was that I had no idea what to do ones I check. I'd probably even check/fold if I'd check. What about this?

Thanks!

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2046757
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $70.19
      CO: $38.18
      BTN: $10.67
      SB: $54.40
      Hero (BB): $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A :heart: T :heart:
      UTG raises to $1.50, 3 folds, Hero raises to $5.25, UTG calls $3.75

Flop: ($10.75) 6 :club: 5 :heart: 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $6, UTG calls $6

Turn: ($22.75) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $13, UTG folds
  • 4 replies