NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($18.26)
      Hero ($10.10)
      UTG ($10.32)
      UTG+1 ($16.03)
      CO ($9.07)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero K:spade: K:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, SB calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.40) 2:club: 5:club: 2:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $1.80, SB calls $1.80

TURN ($6) 2:club: 5:club: 2:diamond: 8:club:

SB bets $2.30, Hero folds

SB wins $5.73

guy is 21/18 but only 28 hands, he was supernova though
  • 8 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop 3betting is fine.

On the flop why do we make it so big - I'd just make it around 1/2 pot.

As played, his turn play is kind of weird, but I don't really think he'd play a better hand this way, so I'd just shove here for value.

Best,
      Plamen
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      +1. sizing on the flop is too big. I would never fold to the turn lead either cus fuck him and I don't expect him to have better.
    • Gafny
      Gafny
      Bronze
      why ½ pot on flop? to make him call?

also im confused with how often im supposed to shove these overpairs. how do i protect myself from sets etc?
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      1/2 pot allows you to have a bluffing range, obv you can bluff by betting 1.80 but it has to work way more often. Also by betting 1/2 we can set up stacks by the river so if you were deeper in this spot you would want to bet bigger on the flop or the turn so you can have a pot sized shove on the river.

as far as shoving goes, I don't really know what his range looks like for donking on the turn, probably stuff like AcTx some sort of hand that had a backdoor draw and he is semi bluffing with that we can try to get value from.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I would expect him to cr flush draws a fair amount on the flop. And taking this line as a flush seems really silly. I will just call turn and call or bet myself on river.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

I would expect him to cr flush draws a fair amount on the flop. And taking this line as a flush seems really silly. I will just call turn and call or bet myself on river.
      usually my default here is too call also but I kind of like the idea of jamming here. could you explain why you prefer calling and not jamming here? thoughts on what we do with Kc? or if we have like Acx or KcX?

Do you have a jamming range here?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Jamming makes more sense if we felt that his range was mostly pocketpairs which are never folding (or that he never follows through on his bluffs on the river).

And having a club certainly makes slowplaying more desirable since we are unafraid of almost any river.i still think the value of allowing him to make silly bluffs himself is more than the value of protecting.
      After all another club falls on the river <20% of the time
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by mbml
      Jamming makes more sense if we felt that his range was mostly pocketpairs which are never folding (or that he never follows through on his bluffs on the river).

And having a club certainly makes slowplaying more desirable since we are unafraid of almost any river.i still think the value of allowing him to make silly bluffs himself is more than the value of protecting.
      After all another club falls on the river <20% of the time
      Ok I think given he takes a "non standard" line on the turn, we can assume he will follow through on the river on blanks too. So does that mean you call with your entire continuin range on the turn or do you have hands that you would prefer to jam with?