NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($31.05)
      Hero ($22.60)
      UTG ($29.86)
      UTG+1 ($23.09)
      CO ($21.45)
      BTN ($21.08)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: A:spade:

UTG calls $0.20, fold, CO calls $0.20, BTN raises to $1, fold, Hero raises to $3.40, fold, fold, BTN calls $2.40

FLOP ($7.30) A:heart: 8:heart: 5:heart:

Hero bets $3.60, BTN raises to $17.68 (AI), Hero calls $14.08

I cbet small to not make look like I am having ace, so he could try to call light or bluff me. When I tried to induce bluff, I have to call here?

I think he cannot call preflop with 55 or 88. So Ax hands - AQ most likely shoudl be. AK should 4bet I think. But what else? Maybe he calls with AJ preflop, he is not folding to 3bets. Alos KQ, and now with FD he shoves.

He likes to raise cbets in regular pots, so there is a chance that he bluffs in 3bet pots.

Still not sure - I have to risk 70 bb. But I cannot put him on strong hand here. Unless he is deviating from the stats and callin AA, or those small PPs which should be -EV for him. Or AK
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      Usually I would just fold this because you are either flipping with any flush draw or completely dead.

However since you have the read that he raises cbets often, I think it's fine to call here. But think about his range here for check raising in order for you to be profitable. It gotta contain a lot of Ax hands together with random flush draws for your call to be profitable.
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Speed,

As cutegoldfish mentioned this is read dependent.

Without reads we should bet/fold here most often. But since we are somewhat inducing and he raises cbets a lot we can call although we should expect at least a semibluff from him.