Dealt to Hero Q:heart: A:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.60, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.20) J:heart: 2:diamond: 8:heart:

UTG+1 bets $0.70, Hero raises to $2.10, UTG+1 calls $1.40

TURN ($5.40) J:heart: 2:diamond: 8:heart: 7:spade:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($5.40) J:heart: 2:diamond: 8:heart: 7:spade: K:club:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $2.80, UTG+1 calls $2.80

I actually have stats on him, but this was first hand when he sat on the table, and HEM hud was not showing yet near him, so I had to play as vs unknown.

SInce he is fullstakcked, here is good chance that he is reg so I just called preflop, having good fish in the SB.
      He posted the blind, but regs often forget to check checbox wait for BB and also post the blind.

His cbet is small so I trye to bluffraise, because on such board it does not show strenght. But from this point it tells us that he could be a fish. So maybe the raise is not the best. But I still have BDFD and overcards.

On turn once he calls I think I don't have FE on this card.

He checks again and I bet river assuming he is not having strong hand or he might have a busted FD. But if we assume he is fish, he can have medium pair which he obviously is not folding here and even a reg will not fold Jx. And reg will not have 8x here most likely. So might be that river bluff is not great.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

I think preflop is fine.

On the flop though, I think you might want to raise bigger. I think your size is a bit too small to show strength too. It's not very small but it might not be ideal imo. You are bluffing here so you are trying to represent a good hand. If you had a good hand, how much would you raise? Would you not bet the turn? With your line you represent K high flushdraw and that's about it.

I would bet the turn, I think you still rep sets, T9 and flushdraws and shove river representing sets, straight, K high flush with overcards and also some busted flushes ofc. This should work often enough because he does not have a hand better than KJ usually since most 3bet their sets on flop and check/raise their T9 on turn.

As played, I don't think it's -EV but I think you are aiming to make him fold 8x and some hands like 7x with hearts. Other hands you beat anyway or don't fold like Jx, Kx or flushdraws (you have the best no pair hand possible),