[NL20-NL50] A5o squeeze

• daisuke3823
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, 5.
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, BU folds, SB calls $0.65, Hero raises to $3.10, CO folds, SB calls $2.35.

Flop: ($6.95) T, 7, 4 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.80, SB calls $3.80.

Turn: ($14.55) A (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($14.55) K (2 players)
      SB bets $15.50, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $14.55.

he is unknown.

I should bet the turn and if get called,c/f on the river?
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      Why did you squeeze pre flop.? Does he fold often? Or does he open wide and call with a very wide range? Does sb call wide enough that you get value? Or does he fold often enough on flops?

Flop is pretty draw and if sb is a fish that smacks his range and I prefer a check

Turn you hit and I think there is value from many straight and flush draws and pairs so you can bet here for value.

River does not change much. Do you think he would call with a hand like a ten? Or even a 7? If sb is fish with a wide wts here I think you can bet for value against tens and sevens otherwise I prefer checking back and taking the showdown.
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: I'd prefer to squeeze hands that still have a bit more playability postflop but at least we have a blocker.

Postflop: I would definitely bet the turn there, about 1/2 pot. Villains range for calling flop has quite a few pairs and possibly Tx and draws. I would bet/fold there.

As played I'd fold the river as well although he is repping 2p+