SSS not working?

• Semesa
      Semesa
      Bronze
      i dont get it, i am playing perfect SSS exactly as the articles say and yet over 3000 hands im steadily losing money... is this just a downswing or does SSS have flaws?

as i said before, as far as i can tell i am playing perfect SSS. exactly as the articles tell me i should play.
  • 12 replies
    • Ruleza
      Ruleza
      Bronze
      I am having the same problem. IMO this is just a downswing for you.
    • darkonebg
      darkonebg
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Reread them.Then again. SSS is a strategy, where one or two little mistakes in 3k hands can destroy your winrate.
      You should post hands, and read the already posted ones, it helps a lot.
      You should read this topic too - SSS project by a SSS-hater , as a proof that SSS works.
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      could this also have something to do with a large rake at very low limits? the rake on full tilt 0.5/0.1 is 10%.. I started doing much better with SSS at .1/.25 where the rake is 5%.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      yes, rake has an effect, but don't move up the limits if you don't have the roll to support it! You need at least 30 buy-ins, but having 50 is better.

Proof that SSS works, take a look at my blog too, I've built from nothing up to about $250, and am gaining faster than ever.

SSS is very swingy, I just recovered from a 37BI loss (so if I didn't have 50BI's, I'd have been broke!
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I had the same problem on the beginning too. I could fix them though, and how? Re-read the articles, take notes so while you're on the tables you can see how to play with trash hands, made hands, etc. I went to the coachings and posted hands too. And beware with table selection too, at the beginning I just ignored this but it's very important. A table shouldn't have more than 3 shortstacks besides you (counting with you, it can't have more than 4), and look for tables with high avg. pot and flops seen.
    • CimkoPro
      CimkoPro
      Bronze
      Best way is to open elephant and go to hands tab and check your hands and see if you were just unlucky or find what you did wrong and you wont do that mistake again and post hands that your unsure about if it was wrong play or just unlucky you,and i think nobody plays perfect any kind of strategy even top players who play on big stakes make mistakes(not very often but still nobody is perfect)
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Originally posted by brian997
      yes, rake has an effect, but don't move up the limits if you don't have the roll to support it! You need at least 30 buy-ins, but having 50 is better.

Proof that SSS works, take a look at my blog too, I've built from nothing up to about $250, and am gaining faster than ever.

SSS is very swingy, I just recovered from a 37BI loss (so if I didn't have 50BI's, I'd have been broke!
      So you CAN lose your $50 starting capital then as this is only 25BI, so you NEED to get the $50 bonus quick :) - I am struggling with SSS as well - on a horrid downswing again. I now play BSS as well on PP for small stakes MUCH MUCH MUCH nicer - proper poker, I only play at FTP with SSS so I can stay at Silver to see the BSS coaching as my PP account is not tracked :(

This is my graph - will be near 20,000 hands soon

• brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      yes it is possible to lose your starting capital, although extremely unlikely. But that is the danger of playing underrolled...
    • colinsaces
      colinsaces
      Bronze
      it does work, be patient and try play multitables is what i have learnt from the coaches, and then you wont get tempted to play weaker hands on one single table, if your not getting the exact cards on the SSS charts then you get tempted into playing hands like A7o or rubbish like that
    • finchybg
      finchybg
      Bronze
      As far as I know rake for SSSers on FTP is killing.. that's a partial explanation of the hard-time SSSers have there.
    • SalamiandCheese
      SalamiandCheese
      Bronze
      Were you playing mostly SSS graph and is it from fulltilt? Pretty interesting. I playing good on Mansion but I'm not using the SSS there since so many seem to be using it. I've been playing SSS on FT and it's been a steady decline so far... just like your damn graph looks at the beginning!
    • mesorucky
      mesorucky
      Bronze
      Okay what i have to say i just my experience I've only hit around 14k hands SSS and yes most of it has been painful! Like Brian said you can go broke when you first start out based on these things! I would have been broke -$53.00 If i had not deposited!

1) Your new you make mistakes!! Like it was said a mistake or two every 3000 hands can eat ur profits (I was making more in the begining)

2) Combine this with getting unlucky I had a 11BI downswing mainly AK and AA, KK losses nothing could win!

3) Watch freeplay can't say this enough the money i lost free play was huge! See the forums freeplay more often than not check / fold

4) Watch AQ, KQ, 77 - TT - I've started not playing low pockets and usually limp KQ then check/fold flop if didnt hit! This has reduced variance for me!

5) What site are you on ? and when you play ? You have to fish when the fish are bitting I like london evening times on titan and american evenings on stars! Its alot harder to win NL10 on titan than it is on stars! I deposited on titan and beeing playing a little NL20 much nicer game IMO.

6) Keep playing! I had a 12BI+ day yesterday still down for the month but god it feels good to play great and get rewarded!

7) Stealing, dont' steal at NL10 not necessary ofcourse if the table is tight and the timing is right definately use your position if you have the cards dont bluff! If you want to bring this to your game get your bronze game AA+ before you add in the stealing! Im personally going to look at stealing at NL50 however if my game is going well at NL20 i might look add it on weak players / tables for extra BB/100

8) You have to stay positive and remember why your playing! I mean if your loosing money when you start thats not a bad thing if you have the right attitude. You will understand your loosing for a reason and look for the leaks etc! If you are a winning player from the start this is bad because it can set you up for a big fall later when your heater runs out and you crash! So i think loosing will make us less complacent, stronger players better to manage and respect your soon to come large bankroll.

Anways just my 2c what i've learnt on my 6week journey! Main thing is somedays are gonna suck money wise but you might learn a shitload about your game so keep learnings! once your game is hot so too will be your BR! Read read not just the articles the forums are a great resource! When i need to find a leak on my game read posts - post hands etc