(Pre 36%, Flop 27.3%, Turn 18.2%)

Hero shows J:heart: 9:spade:
      (Pre 64%, Flop 72.7%, Turn 81.8%)

Hero wins $3.87

• 5 replies
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      I don't know about it. I thought you thought that he might bluff na dyou succeed. Next time please dont provide us with result like that.

AS played i am not a big fun of it. Of he bluffed with air but there is just everything that beats you. Maybe you saw River AF but still in this case it is hard to say he bluffed. All Tx, Qx hadns beats you even 7 or even better 9. Also we loose vs TK or 8J and those are all hands in his range.

I think we cannot profitably call river to make a profit in long run.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: This open is a bit loose considering the opponent.

Postflop: As played we can also ck/call the turn to let him bet all his floats/draws.

But your line looks fine otherwise given the odds we get (he will have some hands that beat us that's for sure).
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Originally posted by Alan883
      I don't know about it. I thought you thought that he might bluff na dyou succeed. Next time please dont provide us with result like that.

AS played i am not a big fun of it. Of he bluffed with air but there is just everything that beats you. Maybe you saw River AF but still in this case it is hard to say he bluffed. All Tx, Qx hadns beats you even 7 or even better 9. Also we loose vs TK or 8J and those are all hands in his range.

I think we cannot profitably call river to make a profit in long run.
      I'm going to sound like a dick but this is very bad advice.

@op I'm very impressed with your line and really like it cus I think most 5nl regs would just shrug fold here on the river.

Let me explain why your line is good here.

We only have to be good here 28% of the time 1.18/4.14 (how much we call divided by how much we can win)

Now if we look at his vpip from bb we can see that this guy absolutely hates folding so his range contains every flush draw possible, all sorts of crap. The reason most fish are so passive on the flop and turn is becomes there are more cards to come to improve their hand but once river comes they are like "Zomg no more cards to come I WONT POT, my hand makes no sense every draw missed but I bet anyway!"

Now upon further investigation we can see that his river bet ip and river aggression are very high so making this an easy x/c. Every once in a while he will obv have something stupid like Q5hh but like I said we only need to be good 28% here and we most certainly are. Feel free to pokerstove this if you don't believe me :)
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      You cannot sound as dick if you tell your opinion of course and everybody can just benefit from it.

But also those procentage you are talking about are just math.

We see here so many advice of judges where they say to fold to min bets or something like that where odds are just like 10%.

But this is of course just mine opinion and it is important in HE forum to get as many possible opinions and of course the one of judges is the most relevant. We are all here to learn.
    • serverm07
      serverm07
      Basic
      Obv min raise and going all in are two different things. I'm going by what I think his range is and how often we need to win. If you look at the pop up, you can see that his call open is at 76%.

If you look at aggression on river its at 12.0, if you look at bet ip its at 100%. Then if you look at fold to cbet its at 50% and on the turn its at 17% so it means all of the draws he called he will call again on the turn.

Also if you look at his raise % he raises 10% of the time so he would like raise 7x some % of the time. As you can see all of the numbers back up that the call is +EV