[NL2-NL10] tt2 29

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Crodady,

Preflop: Are we 3-bet bluffing this preflop or thin value? We are somewhat deep here so we can't play vs a 4-bet and he may call with a wider range in position and we will have a harder time playing many flops.

I would prefer a call preflop in this spot without additional info.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      3bet folding with TT sucks but i always thought it was standard. without info should we be calling and once we know BU calls our 3bet with a wider range and rarely 4bets then we can 3bet for value?

the problem is it's hard to really play TT OOP if we just call since we will often see the flop with at most a middle pair and so we are just playing guessing games postflop if we call..
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DrDunne
      3bet folding with TT sucks but i always thought it was standard. without info should we be calling and once we know BU calls our 3bet with a wider range and rarely 4bets then we can 3bet for value?

the problem is it's hard to really play TT OOP if we just call since we will often see the flop with at most a middle pair and so we are just playing guessing games postflop if we call..
      If we call we are playing some guessing game but we will often have the best hand against a BTN range. So we can call 1-2 streets OOP or take down pots.

What's the difference between having T9s and TT here preflop? I'd argue that T9s is better to 3-bet with because we have a bit more playability postflop while TT misses 7/8 times and we can't bluff too often.

TT is a 3-bet for value when we can either have villain 4-bet light and we can ship or when villain can actually call our 3-bet with a lot of hands (pairs, overcards, etc) or he plays many hands fit/fold postflop.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      How would you play QQ-TT,AQs+,AQo+ against him ?

For me it looks value 3b but fold to 4b without info, but his bu open range is wide and i prefer to raise for value.

Plus if we don't 3bet these and limit ourselves to only easy 3b/broke cards which is kk+ that means we can't have a huge bluff range either.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      How would you play QQ-TT,AQs+,AQo+ against him ?

For me it looks value 3b but fold to 4b without info, but his bu open range is wide and i prefer to raise for value.

Plus if we don't 3bet these and limit ourselves to only easy 3b/broke cards which is kk+ that means we can't have a huge bluff range either.
      That's implying that an unknown villain knows our range.

JJ-TT, AQ against unknown could be 3-bets for value but we don't know their ranges. We can't continue versus a 4-bet nor can we expect a ton of worse hands to call us and play postflop.

QQ+, AK is a 3-bet/go broke in these spots most often because I do expect 4-bet bluffs in their range.