UTG: $34.81 (139.2 bb)
      MP: $10.08 (40.3 bb)
      CO: $10.03 (40.1 bb)
      BTN: $17.77 (71.1 bb)
      Hero (SB): $55.64 (222.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: T:spade:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.75, Hero?

Do you call hero?
      Whats your overall strategy against donkeys with SC ip and oop?
      Can we play them like a pp for "set value"?
      Ip against 10% - OR?

* donkeys with good stack.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Theres no such thing as playing scs for set value. U raeely hit a flush or straight and u usually dlop a pair or draw. In the sb i prefer 3bing almost my entire range since i dont want to get squeezed or play 3way pot oop.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      I know we dont hit sets.
      I saw like set mining because im talking about hitting a strong hand.
      With SC we hit 2pair+ 5.6% of the times, and a combo draw (12 outs +) 6.8% of the times, so we hit a strong 12.5% of the times, we hit a set 10.7%. I know a set its much solid, but against a donkey we have much more implicits to compensate.
      Not defending this, just want to ear opinions about.

You 3bet the donkey here? We dont have FE and our equity wont be that great, and oop...
      If it dont see FE pre-flop and/or on the cbet i never 3bet bluff a donkey. I cant consider JTs enough to 3bet for value.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Jt might be ahead of his calling range (its very close though), u get to isolate the fish and play hu vs hom, u seize the initiative, playability is fairly easy with jts, u can flop all sorts of equity like pairs or draws etc.

3b has way more advantages imo. Esp in sb when u consider disadvantages of calling. U talk abt FE so much as though JTs is a complete junk hand when it is actually a decent hand with good pair and draw potential. I really dont mind if he doesnt fold too much on flop i can barrel with equity or just value bet with my pairs.