6 Max Turbo SNGs at PokerStars

• maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello,

I recently started playing at PokerStars again and I am playing the $1.50 6 max turbos. I don't know much about 6 max games, but I know that the blinds will hit you more frequently so I have to loosen up a bit. I know that aggression is key and ICM should still be taken into consideration.

Any information about 6 max turbos regarding the variance, competition, etc is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

MB
  • 8 replies
    • kurrkabin
      kurrkabin
      Bronze
      Well, you pointed out important stuff!

I think there was a similar thread here a few weeks ago, but I would go as this:

-loosen up from late position
      -improve your postflop as it is crucial
      -improve your HU as 6max is a top-heavy pay out game(65:35)
      -adjust properly on the bubble
      -variance depends on your ROI, but I would say that normally it would be bigger due to our bigger aggression, wider play and stack off range, as well as top heavy pay out
      -games at these stakes will be full of non-willing to fold fishes, so be aware!
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      thank you!
    • dogma18
      dogma18
      Bronze
      im currently getting staked at the 6max games, on my way to moving to $7 games for the new year.

My advice is just play a decent disciplined game. there are very few regs at the $1.50s and they arent very good. volume is important so try to be playing at least 12 tables at once. in fact thats key really, work on improving your multitabling and you'll do well.

These stakes are really beatable and i dont think in 500 games of my stake at that level i had a 10 buyin downswing. that said, breakeven sessions can happen for a while and just try to not lose confidence.

If you want to talk more about playing styles, bubble aggression etc. pm me and i will talk on skype. Always looking to improve my own game by looking t how other people play
    • maythany
      maythany
      Bronze
      Hello,

Thanks for the advice! I used to play at PokerStars and I was able to 8 table so I'm going to start out small first like 4 tables before I add in more.

I have a 1 month subscription at deuces cracked and I have been learning a lot from their 6 max sng videos. I only played 27 games so far and I do agree that the regs at this level aren't really that good, but then again I only have a small sample.

I've played the 6 max tables at 888 poker, but the payout structure is 50-30-20 and not 65-35 so different strategies must be used. In addiion, confidence is definitely something you need to maintain when you're going through a long breakeven stretch, and tilt management is a must too.

I'll definitely PM you and maybe we can start a study group or something when I move up to the $3.50 level (going to be staying at the $1.50 until maybe 2.5k games).

Thanks,

MB
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      If you haven't watched them yet I highly recommend PARODIQs video series on 6max.

3 in the series go $1.50 - $3.50 & $7.00 to finish

LINK to 1st video :)
    • marcofurtado
      marcofurtado
      Bronze
      If i was you i Will start only w/ 6table or 4table. i am playing the $3.50 6max and are very sofft. good luck..

Abc poker ;)
    • teboxvi
      teboxvi
      Bronze
      Anyone still active with the 6max sng here?

I recently started grinding on PokerStars 1.5$ and would like to join a study group if any is available :)

I would recommend these books:

Collin-Moshman---SnG-Strategy
      Phil-Shaw---Secrets-of-Sit'n'gos

that contain some info about 6max.
    • jevyboy
      jevyboy
      Bronze
      Hi been playing 3.50 SNGs at stars and variance is crazy for me, I used to play the regular $7, but regulars there were really tough so I transferred to a different game, I'm interested in the 6max study group, PM me if it will be held, Thanks!