[NL2-NL10] QQ 3-bet pot

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      I was experiencing tilt here, same guy on a sick heater took like 4 BI off me (other hands I posted were vs. same person). what would have been the right thing to do in this situation?

Full Tilt Poker $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2047842
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $3.92
      Hero (SB): $5.61
      BB: $5.00
      UTG: $5.00
      MP: $4.83
      CO: $14.95

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is SB with Q:spade: Q:diamond:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.05, BTN raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, 1 fold, CO calls $0.35, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.95) 8:spade: 9:heart: 7:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.65, CO raises to $1.30, Hero raises to $5.21 all in, CO calls $3.91

Turn: ($11.37) K:diamond: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: ($11.37) 3:club: (2 players - 1 is all in)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: This is actually a spot where we can bet/fold that flop. There are too many combos of 2p+ that have us killed here. Plus even draws have a great amount of equity.

The only time this shove could be profitable is if villain bluff raises a lot and thus folding to our shove or if villain raise hands like A9 and stacks off.

As a homework for you do an equilab with your hand on this board and see how you do versus a raising range.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: This is actually a spot where we can bet/fold that flop. There are too many combos of 2p+ that have us killed here. Plus even draws have a great amount of equity.

The only time this shove could be profitable is if villain bluff raises a lot and thus folding to our shove or if villain raise hands like A9 and stacks off.

As a homework for you do an equilab with your hand on this board and see how you do versus a raising range.
      Good idea! I have't done any homework in a while.

Overpairs on drawy boards are definitely a weak spot of mine that needs improving, I tend to lean towards the presumption of the other player having a tight 3b range but that isn't always the case.