BTN: 50 BB
      SB: 124.72 BB
      Hero (BB): 125.72 BB
      UTG: 160.2 BB
      MP: 106.68 BB
      CO: 100 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 7 BB, SB calls 4 BB

Flop: (14 BB, 2 players) 9:spade: 5:diamond: 8:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 6.64 BB, SB raises to 17 BB, Hero calls 10.36 BB

Turn: (48 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:
      SB bets 23 BB, Hero calls 23 BB

River: (94 BB, 2 players) 4:club:
      SB bets 77.72 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 77.72 BB

SB shows A:club: 5:club: (One Pair, Fives) (Pre 34%, Flop 21%, Turn 11%)
      Hero shows Q:spade: Q:diamond: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 66%, Flop 79%, Turn 89%)
      Hero wins 237.44 BB

42 hands, 36 VPiP 26 PFR. I saw him playing bluffing once until all in.

Is my calling ok? This was my only stack won in NL25, while losing 17 stacks. Default action on flop in 3bet is min raise.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

preflop - not sure why u are using such a small size. firstly you are deep. secondly is this part of your normal game plan? if you play very well IP in 3bet pots then i think it could be fine (you have a wide 3bet range and want to outplay your opponent in position with deep stacks) but if you are more of a beginner i think a larger 3bet to 8 or 9 would be better.

as played, you made a good call and u caught him bluffing. this is a spot where you made a good play and you should not be doubting yourself (you are not being results oriented here if you think you made a good calldown).

the flop is nasty and he could have many straights sets and twopairs so i would consider folding vs someone solid. but if he is capable of pulling off such bluffs (or maybe valueraising and barreling TT and JJ), of course im never folding overpairs.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I usually 3bet 8-9 bb IP, and OOP 10 bb. If villian folds more than 80% to 3bet, than I 3bet 7-8BB because I want him to enter the pot and get in the trouble by hitting a top pair or having draw. If villian calls a lot 3bet than I raise bigger around 10BB.
      Is it ok?
      This time just 7BB because I saw him bluffing once in 3bet pot, so I wanted to trap him again. If he plays like that, then is not important if it is 7BB or 9 BB, because he will so often bluff raise and bet until all in.

What about my bet size flop? My standard bet flop is 50%, because it is enough to get comfortable river shove, and I want them to call light or bluff raise as they do it often. If they call flop I bet turn larger to protect from draws, and shove river. Is it ok?

I notice that most of villians cbet 3/4 pot in 3bet pots, so maybe when I cbet 1/2 pot they see it as bluff and thats the reason they raise me so often?