Follow your dream!

• GSG777
      GSG777
      Bronze
      Hi,

My name is Gaby, I'm a young poker player from Romania and this is my first blog on the EN community.

My poker career isn't succesful, I was lazy, without dreams or future plans. 3 months ago I read first article about self-development and he opened my eyes. I want to become a great person!

2013 Goals

- 1.500.000 hands until 1 January 2014 -> playing every hand as best I can -> 300K VPP Supernova
      - 100k hands at every stake(even NL2) -> building a strong mindset
      - Sessions review in week (pots bigger than 20bb)
      - Cambridge B2 and DELF B1 -> I really enjoy and I think is very useful to know different languages(more good information, relationships etc)
      - Healthy nutrition (quit smoking/drinks with alcohol -> only wine)

If you can help me to incrase the speed of my learning process(English/France), please don't hesitate to post.

Happy New Year!

Sorry for my bad english! :f_biggrin:
  • 8 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Welcome to the EN Blogs Gaby :)

Starting at nl2 sounds like a mission! Where are you planning on ending up at the end of the year?

You also said that the Self-Development thread has helped you, will you be following that also in your blog?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey Gaby!

Welcome to our blogging section!

Best of luck with your goals and dreams. Will you be playing Full ring or Short hand? I've just started out my own NL2 mission!

I have also recently quit smoking (8 weeks tomorrow) so it can be done. Are you going to use any aids or just your own will power?

Best of luck!
    • Flushmaker89
      Flushmaker89
      Bronze
      Hi Gaby,

good luck to your goals. Starting NL2 with goal 300k VPP. I wish you the best of luck, sounds interesting.
    • GSG777
      GSG777
      Bronze
      @MattDenness - Thanks! Yes, I will move up(estimated 100k hands/limit until nl100). About self-development, certainly I'ill read very much and post here the intersting stuff.

@HollyMichelle - Thanks and congrats! I will play zoom poker, 4 tables. About smoking, no aids, no nichotine plast or gum, or prop bets. I make a good to my health, no big deal!

@Flushmaker89 - Thanks, it will be a nice race.
    • SneakyhanD
      SneakyhanD
      Bronze
      Sounds like you're very motivated with poker :)

Would follow to see how you make progress ;-)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Originally posted by GSG777

@HollyMichelle - Thanks and congrats! I will play zoom poker, 4 tables. About smoking, no aids, no nichotine plast or gum, or prop bets. I make a good to my health, no big deal!

Best way to do it! No point in using aids really. If you are serious about quitting then you can do so no matter what. I used to smoke 20 a day and I just quit straight up!

Obviously it's not been easy but it has been worth it!

I am also playing Zoom but one tabling at the minute so if your playing 6 max I will look out for you :D
    • GSG777
      GSG777
      Bronze
      Hello guys,

1-5 January

Level 1: 10.825/100.000
      VPP:: 175.88/300.000

I started to play from 4 Jan, because my power supply was dead(The order takes a more long time because of the New Year). My time at poker tables was about 668 minutes, so 730 hands/hour(NL2 -> very loose play -> less hands).

In terms of mindset, I'm happy with my results. I'm comfortably with swings, focus and ambition. I'll treat poker like a MMORPG game(volume->experience, move up in stakes->levels). When I'll reach a new level, I get a bonus(25% from profit(if he exists, ofc)). I made a list with some "must-have" investements for my poker career:

-> New PC $1000(I don't know exactly what components to buy, because the prices and the pieces are changing very fast.
      -> Holdem Manager 2 Pro Version $99.99
      -> Note Caddy Premium - Hold'em & NOTECADDY ADVANTAGE $120.00
      -> Headphones Gaming nJoy Hyster $20
      -> Chair $165(I'm not sure about this, do you can help me?)
      -> 2x24 inches monitors $500-800
      -> Desk $210(I like his design)

Total cost estimated: 2500$

About nutrition I can't say too much, I no longer drink alcohol or smoking from the beginning of this blog, I'm feeling good! Although, I have a problem with the sugar(cakes, juices etc) I can't stop eating them. Any advice?

Next I'll review my last sessions(all pots =>25 bb) and post difficult spots

At the final, because I've decided that 2013 will be the best year of my life, I'll reading how much I can. I would like to post you titles that impressed you. Thanks!
      Have fun at the tables!

Sorry for my bad english!

• szoketomi
      szoketomi
      Bronze
      Don't you think 300k VPPs will be too high expectation from yourself? So, what I want to say, will it motivate you? Cuz it can be easily frustrating if things don't happen in the first months. Gl anyway! :)