$25.27
      MP2:
      $15.90
      MP3:
      $42.52
      CO:
      $13.09

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, J.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.40, BB folds, BU calls $1.65.

Flop: ($5.05) 5, K, 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.90, BU calls $2.90.

Turn: ($10.85) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50.

River: ($21.85) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $8.45, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $21.85.

his stats in 36 hands  vpip25 pfr14 af1,3

should I bet on the turn?
      or check/fold?
      or my reraise was bad against the player who doesnt have much sample?
  • 3 replies
    • ains21
      ains21
      Bronze
      What is the reasoning behind a 3-bet here? Is the BB likely to squeeze you (I know decent regs usually will, but do we have anything to suggest the bb is decent)? Is the BU weak enough that you're just isolating here and expect him to call with worse hands (KT/JQ)? What's his fold to 3-bet (if you have any sample)?

After he calls the flop his range can still have some Ahxh type hands (since he's kind of passive and the K hits your range often enough, he probably won't RR often), as well as AK/KQ/KJ/KT/88-JJ (maybe) -- I expect all 55/66 to re-raise here with the FD on the board.

To be honest, it's really hard to estimate his range here without knowing his 4-betting tendencies. Was he kind of reggy? His stack looks fishy so sometimes we see him flatting AK here and maybe JJ.

On the turn I think I'm just check/folding since he doesn't often have many FD that aren't Ahxh (since most fish call these 3-bets with these hands much often than they do something like 7h8h) and he has only better Kx/Ax when he bets there. I think all PP here are checking behind also and not often turning there hands into bluffs (esp. if he's fishy).
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: Villain may be a bit fishy (stack size) and because of that I usually tend to stay away from 3-betting too much as a bluff, especially with hands that can be dominated a bit easier by his calling range (KQ/AJ/AK0

Postflop: As played I'd check/fold the turn as well. Most of his PP floats will be happy to check back and a lot of his other hands hit that turn one way or another (for example NFD, AK, AQ, AJ, etc).