This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25, sh AA

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $34.88 (139.5 bb)
      BB: $32.82 (131.3 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $25.65 (102.6 bb)
      UTG: $36.53 (146.1 bb)
      SB: $5.86 (23.4 bb)
      CO: $20.82 (83.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A A
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, CO folds, Hero raises to $2.25, 2 folds, MP calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.85) A T J (2 players)
      MP bets $3.07, Hero raises to $8, MP calls $4.93

Turn: ($20.85) 9 (2 players)
      MP checks, Hero???

this card doesnt change much although it looks a bit ugly but the only straight he can have is with KQ which already had me otf.

my question is how should i proceed with the hand? he will play his sets and straights the same way and so i obviously can get paid by sets, the problem is i expect sets to ship it in on the flop for value and protection vs my SDs and pair+GS hands. when he calls my raise i immediately thought it was strong but i'm not sure now what to do on this turn. is it check back for pot control and hope he value towns himself with a lower set/TPTK/2pair or should i just keep betting to get the money in?
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

I would continue betting here. We are losing our stack vs KQ anyway and villain can have plenty of 2p that would just call flop. So we can bet 1/3 pot or just ship it.

You cant really check for pot control when you have less than a PSB left to play for.