[NL20-NL50] NL50 FR - 66 on SB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 8 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP2: $42.19 (84.4 bb)
      MP3: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $85.27 (170.5 bb)
      BTN: $110.32 (220.6 bb)
      Hero (SB): $55.68 (111.4 bb)
      BB: $40.74 (81.5 bb)
      UTG+2: $53.69 (107.4 bb)
      MP1: $50.75 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 6 6
      3 folds, MP3 raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, BTN folds, Hero calls $1.25, BB folds

Flop: ($5) 6 7 4 (3 players)
      Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO bets $3.31, Hero raises to $12.39, MP3 folds, CO calls $9.08

Turn: ($29.78) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $18.86, CO calls $18.86

River: ($67.50) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $22.93 and is all-in, CO folds

Results:
      $67.50 pot ($3 rake)
      Final Board: 6 7 4 9 8
      CO mucked and lost (-$32.75 net)
      Hero mucked 6 6 and won $64.50 ($31.75 net)

Stats: VPIP: 16, PFR: 9, 3B: 2, AF: 1,2, Hands: 2707

This is a pretty tricky one. (last hand I'll post today! you can have a sigh of relief! xD )
      Against him I'm pretty sure I played well because he's pretty nitty and folds to aggression a lot.
      I probably made him fold a better set here.

But against a standard TAG, or a fish, how do I play here?
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      You check OOP multiway on the flop. What do you expect them to cbet? I think flop is clearly a lead with your set and try to get in.

As played, I have absolutely no idea... You are talking about bluffing with a set on 4 to a flush and 4 to a straight but bluff him off what? How many straights in his range that fold? Does he fold any flush in his range? Does he not get it in earlier with a set?
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      You check OOP multiway on the flop. What do you expect them to cbet? I think flop is clearly a lead with your set and try to get in.

As played, I have absolutely no idea... You are talking about bluffing with a set on 4 to a flush and 4 to a straight but bluff him off what? How many straights in his range that fold? Does he fold any flush in his range? Does he not get it in earlier with a set?
      I understand it's bizarre.
      But he does fold straights there.
      Not sure about the sets, but it's not the first time I see him betting his sets and then calling a raise on a board where a straight (or flush, not in this case) can already be there, and then keep staying passive in the hope to not pay too much (obvious terrible play :D ).
      As for the flushes, I do not think he folds them, unless super low.
      But maybe I went a bit too far in my reads.

Not sure why I did not lead tho, as I usually do unless I see 85%+ Flop CBet (and this was not the case).

It was a very confusing period for me watching these days of hands o_O it probably comes from my schedule switching to a more efficient way, that got interrupted by IRL holidays and stuff.
      Damn.
      Poker is a tough sport.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Poker's tough but at least fun... :f_biggrin:

If you think he folds all straights, sets and possibly some flushes under K high then you have a +EV bet given you risk so little. Which brings the question of turn bet sizing.. I would personally jam there, sorry I didn't notice it before.. it's under 1.5x pot where your opponent always has good equity and you can have some bluffs, albeit not many. Any other sizing makes it too awkward like your sizing did here and any smaller than you bet is also bad given the texture and your opponent's range.