SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:club: K:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.4 BB, 2 players) T:heart: J:diamond: A:diamond:
      Hero bets 5.28 BB, BTN raises to 11 BB, Hero calls 5.72 BB

Turn: (29.4 BB, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (29.4 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      Hero bets 20.96 BB, BTN raises to 56.52 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 35.56 BB

Hero shows A:club: K:club: (Straight, Ace High) (Pre 71%, Flop 53%, Turn 40%)
      BTN shows K:diamond: T:diamond: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 29%, Flop 47%, Turn 60%)
      BTN wins 135.32 BB

40 hands, VPiP 10, PFR 8.

In NL10 I would fold this hand on flop raise without thinking. In NL25 they force me with raises to make mistakes, and I dont know how to adapt, it is totally different game.
      on river I thought he had set or 2 pair, when he pushes he often does it with Kx.

Should I go back already to NL10? I play NL25 4 days, first day won 5 stacks, in last 3 days lost around 60 stacks, and what is the worst I won only once the whole stack.
      I was losing with straights, flushes, fullhauses, top sets, they always had better hand on showdown.
      I dont think it is just bad luck, because this is third time I swiched from NL10 to NL25, and each time was similar scenario, losing in just few days.
  • 7 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: We really don't have enough info on this guy to start bluffcatching on two streets like we did. He also seems nitty over the super small sample so I would still bet fold that flop.

Imagine the amount of 2p, straights and combo draws that have us crushed...

If you are down 60 BIs at 25nl that's way too much. You are most likely over adjusting and giving your opponents too little credit (like here). Players at 25nl are not that much better or that much more aggressive (or they'd play higher up).
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      The worst thing is 50% of them are aggresive fish, but I cant win against them.

When I hit tripps, or set either I win small pot, or lose the whole stack.
      In NL10 I was winning 15 days in row between 5-10 stacks per day, and now I just lose, which tells me that they are significantly better than players in NL10.
      The main difference is that in NL10 I was stacking players with set and they dont fold with top pair, and here they always fold, which means if I hit set we will be all in only if he also has nuts.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      The worst thing is 50% of them are aggresive fish, but I cant win against them.

When I hit tripps, or set either I win small pot, or lose the whole stack.
      In NL10 I was winning 15 days in row between 5-10 stacks per day, and now I just lose, which tells me that they are significantly better than players in NL10.
      The main difference is that in NL10 I was stacking players with set and they dont fold with top pair, and here they always fold, which means if I hit set we will be all in only if he also has nuts.
      If people play their top pair passive and always fold or don't go crazy with it we should rarely ever continue versus raises with TPTK right? (like in this spot)

Variance in 6 max could be brutal and you may be running bad and not realizing it. Combine that with a bit of tilt and bad play and you can have a small disaster.

How many tables are you playing of 25nl? Also how much did you lose so far and over what sample (since your move back to 25nl)?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I started playing NL25 with 1300$, and lost around 600$, but got bonus 100. when I said I lost 60 stacks, actually I misscounted stacks like it is NL10 stacks.
      I agree, I was having bad luck, and I notice when I have bad luck repeating over time I dont play my A game, but start bluffing or 3betting too much, because I cant win with made hands, which makes even more loses.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I started playing NL25 with 1300$, and lost around 600$, but got bonus 100. when I said I lost 60 stacks, actually I misscounted stacks like it is NL10 stacks.
      I agree, I was having bad luck, and I notice when I have bad luck repeating over time I dont play my A game, but start bluffing or 3betting too much, because I cant win with made hands, which makes even more loses.
      My recommendation would be to actually move back down to 10nl for a few days, regain your confidence and maybe enhance your bankroll a bit more.

Then take it again from the ground level, maybe reduce the number of tables (at first) and go from there.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Thanks for recommendation, very good.
      I was playing 3 tables, which actually doesnt make sense if I cannot play profitable. I will play one table, and when I see that I can win than I can start playing more.

Happy new year, all the best
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Thanks for recommendation, very good.
      I was playing 3 tables, which actually doesnt make sense if I cannot play profitable. I will play one table, and when I see that I can win than I can start playing more.

Happy new year, all the best
      Happy new year to you as well.

Good luck at the tables and keep us posted on how it goes.