This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH Isolation 3bet gone wrong facing min4bet.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $16.33
      MP: $25.06
      CO: $16.86
      Hero (BTN): $27.06
      SB: $25.00
      BB: $55.28

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BTN with T :club: T :spade:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, CO raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1

Flop: ($5.35) 8 :spade: 6 :spade: 9 :heart: (2 players)
      CO bets $3.50, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.35) 2 :club: (2 players)
      CO bets $3.00, Hero calls $3

River: ($18.35) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $7.86, Hero folds

Villain is 55/28 player on 68 hands who I decide I want to isolate when he makes this fishy open size on CO. Thing is he steals 38% CO (8), (1/6) BU and (0/6) SB. I'm personally programmed to be scared of minopen/min3bet type lines because they seem like monster lines to me.

Maybe I can ISO to $2 pre, maybe I should just call, but the moment he min4bets me is when this hand just goes off the rails. I was intending on folding turn but turned into a calling station when he gave me such great odds and river felt bad for me.

Oh, villain does have extremely high postflop aggression frequencies, but the main thing is I got thrown off preflop and never recovered my thought process. Part of me wanted to shove, part of me wanted to give up and I ended up turning into a calling station up till river.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

Preflop: I agree with making it at least $2 there for value IP.

Postflop: As played, on that turn blank card I still think we can call. Monsters that take this line could also be AQ/AK not just JJ+.

If you wanted to fold I would fold the turn because once he's been aggressive on two streets (and he is aggro overall) we can definitely expect a bet on the river.