Calling range MSS

• lalala1237
      lalala1237
      Bronze
      Hello!

I have been playing MSS for a weak now and is paying of. But I was wondering sometimes what to call with in position and out of position, because some hand like KQs aren't really suitable for a re raise from the blind to an MP1 (for example) but aren't really foldable either.
      Does anyone have a chart or something or should I never play a pot out of position. And please don't say that I have to go with my feel because I have been doing that the whole time and it doesn't really help me.

Thank you for your answers.
  • 3 replies
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      You have such a flawed logic. Can you please explain to me w KQ is not a foldable hand. Lets take my 15% HJ open in a 6 max game. This range will not include KJo KTo, QJo, QTo. There pretty much isnt any hands in this range that your KQ dominated apart form KJs(very few combos compared to all the AK's and AQ's) So your dominated pretty much all the time. So again, why do you feel that you need to defend KQ when your playing against a range that dominates you OOP and with out initiative. Its pretty much a sure way to lose you money.

On the other hand you seem to think that KQ is not suitable for a re-raise. It indeed isn't a hand thats good enough to 3bet for value, but then again you do have 2 good blockers which is a good enough reason to turn it into a 3bet bluff instead of wasting a nice hand by folding it.

No there isn't any charts for defending the blinds and no you cant go around defending blinds on ''feel''. It really comes down to what kind of range your facing. Lets say you have KJo facing 18% open you have to go to equilab and see how KJ does against an 18% open. It does horrible so you fold. Next time you have KJo against a 40% BU steal. How does KJ do now? Great so you defend.

You pretty much go into equilab and see how your hand does against his stealing range and if you dominate him more often then he dominates you then go ahead and defend, otherwise fold.
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      Yeap as Matej just said, it depends on opponent and forget about "feel" thing :D And also try to play less in OPP, it will save you few bb/100
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MatejM47
      You have such a flawed logic. Can you please explain to me w KQ is not a foldable hand. Lets take my 15% HJ open in a 6 max game. This range will not include KJo KTo, QJo, QTo. There pretty much isnt any hands in this range that your KQ dominated apart form KJs(very few combos compared to all the AK's and AQ's) So your dominated pretty much all the time. So again, why do you feel that you need to defend KQ when your playing against a range that dominates you OOP and with out initiative. Its pretty much a sure way to lose you money.

On the other hand you seem to think that KQ is not suitable for a re-raise. It indeed isn't a hand thats good enough to 3bet for value, but then again you do have 2 good blockers which is a good enough reason to turn it into a 3bet bluff instead of wasting a nice hand by folding it.

No there isn't any charts for defending the blinds and no you cant go around defending blinds on ''feel''. It really comes down to what kind of range your facing. Lets say you have KJo facing 18% open you have to go to equilab and see how KJ does against an 18% open. It does horrible so you fold. Next time you have KJo against a 40% BU steal. How does KJ do now? Great so you defend.

You pretty much go into equilab and see how your hand does against his stealing range and if you dominate him more often then he dominates you then go ahead and defend, otherwise fold.
      This is really spot on analysis