This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25SH2012 - AJo 3bet SB vs CO another brainfart

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $24.48
      MP: $60.46
      CO: $62.25
      BTN: $62.56
      Hero (SB): $25.00
      BB: $62.50

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is SB with A :spade: J :diamond:
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.20, BB calls $1.95, CO calls $1.45

Flop: ($6.60) 2 :heart: 4 :diamond: A :heart: (3 players)
      Hero bets $4.00, BB folds, CO calls $4

Turn: ($14.60) 6 :club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks

River: ($14.60) 7 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $12.00, Hero ??????

CO is 38/26 on 70 hands. He's stealing 40% on CO and BU and 2/2 times on SB. He folded to 3/8 3bets, folded to 1/8 cbets and I'm going after him with an extended value range already.

BB who is 26/18 comes along not sure how that changes things.

Anyway, I decide I'm going cbet and try and induce some action by checking blank turns. It fails and I am very unsure on whether betting river to extract value from worse Ax or checking to induce some bluffs now the 3rd heart comes is the best idea. Blockbet 1/2pot fold seems like a good Idea in retrospect.

I check and he polarises his range by betting close to pot, call or fold? He has 6/8 rivers bet but I have no idea what that means, his flop and turn aggression are comparitively low.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daphunk,

As played I would call that river. You play versus a fishy aggressive guy and we played our hand "weak" so I would expect him to bluff some amount of the time. It's true that he checked back the turn but he may have been afraid of you slowplaying.

And I do agree with you that bet/fold river is probably better because weak made hands check back