bjela
      Bronze
      PT4 > HEM1 > PT3 > nothing > HEM2
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey there ExtremeGame,

Hope you are doing well?

Tracking software is a bit like a poker room, everyone has their own personal favourite and for varying reasons.

To that end my only advice is to download each one and make use of their free trials (I believe its 30 days each)

Once you've had 30 days on each you can then make the decision on which is the right one for you!

What do you think about that idea?

Have an awesome 2013!
      Gary
    • NIVEKii
      NIVEKii
      Bronze
      Pokertracker even offers a free 60 day trial, so double that of Holdemmanager.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by HollyMichelle
      Hey there ExtremeGame,

Hope you are doing well?

Tracking software is a bit like a poker room, everyone has their own personal favourite and for varying reasons.

To that end my only advice is to download each one and make use of their free trials (I believe its 30 days each)

Once you've had 30 days on each you can then make the decision on which is the right one for you!

What do you think about that idea?

Have an awesome 2013!
      Gary
      ^^ This tbh

I use HEM2 and I'm very happy with it. It depends from person to person. Just try both of them using the free trial and then decide what you want to buy.

Regards

RasTweet
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi ExtremeGame,

I have them all, HM1; HM2 and PT3 and 4 and to be honest it's a difficult choice if you aren't experienced with these things I agree. I tend to say Poker Tracker 4 has a lot of things I need but Holdem Manager 2 is a little more user friendly for newer player shall we say.

Not a lot of help I know and as mentioned by others previously, it really is down to trying them out - hopefully on a free trial - then deciding which suits your particular circumstances.

Best regards,

Mal.
    • ellamcc
      ellamcc
      Bronze
      I am using the free version of the newest PT (4). I tried HEM2 also and just found that if I was willing to put a bit of time into it, PT seemed like something I can grow with for quite some time and I thought maybe that was a better investment for me since I'm just starting out.

Here's their blurb about the lovely (short and sweet usually) learning videos:

PokerTracker 4 Video Tutorials: Now Available!

There are so many features in PokerTracker 4 that can be intimidating at first, but we worked hard to solve this problem for you by providing world class video tutorials that can be accessed from anywhere in the application by clicking on the icon when it is visible. There are over 3 hours of tutorial videos available; some of the most popular topics include customizing your HUD, reviewing stat definitions, and the use of NoteTracker. Take advantage of this great educational opportunity today, it is easy to learn how to use PokerTracker 4 like a pro!
      I've been watching them, and truthfully they are quite helpful. I've learned a lot just from trying to get used to the tracking software about poker in general.

Just one newbie's opinion.
    • smarnijss
      smarnijss
      Bronze
      for older versions HEM 1 is the best but if you want to use new versions than PT4 is much better than HEM 2
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      i started with PT3/PT4, but switched to HM2. they are both pretty good, but i mainly switched so i could use Notecaddy. And i do like the way they have the apps packaged in one program. (notecaddy, leakbuster, tablescanner, etc)

Best to do the trials for each, and see which one you like better.