Couple questions about mtt

• daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      Hi, Im atm playing full time heads up hypers 60/100s and planing taking shots at 200s next year.

Want to learn mtts and kinda make my second game.

How many tables to play is considered standard?
      What avg bi Id have to play to get ~50-70$ hourly? What to get 20-25$ hourly?
      What about brm, how many bis?

Also how looks daily grinding schedule? Lets say I start 9am and want to play 8 hours. How you register, when to stop?

Also how big field mtts would be good idea to start with?

Would be really good if someone could anwser these questions.
  • 3 replies
    • Asaban
      Asaban
      Hi daun666 and welcome to the tournament strategy forums.

I will try to answer your questions - if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

How many tables to play is considered standard?

Imo there can't be a standard in this regard. It depends entirely on your personal abilities. If you feel good while playing 20 tables you should most likely do so as long as you can play a-game. If you can't manage more then 6 tables without making crucial mistakes the 6 tables should be your maximum. Doesn't make sense to look for others in this point. Play as many tables as you could without playing worse because of the amount of decisions you have to make.

Keep in mind: The more tables you can manage the higher your possible hourly is.

What avg bi Id have to play to get ~50-70$ hourly? What to get 20-25$ hourly?

I don't think there is an answer to it since hourly's in tournaments are very variable. One hand can make big differences in your hourly. Most regulars don't know their hourly at all.
      In order to maximize it you should always try to keep open maximum number of tables (adding 180/90/45men mtsng's late in your session).

If I had to guess, I would tell you, that, if you play 20 tournaments within a total session time of 10 hours, your avg buyin will even your hourly. I also considered a standard 50% ROI: 20 tournaments * 20$ Buyin = 400$ Buyins * 50% ROI = 200$ / 10 hours = 20$/h

Also how looks daily grinding schedule? Lets say I start 9am and want to play 8 hours. How you register, when to stop?

Most players will start their sessions between 5pm and 8pm CET, registering for ~5 hours (mainly turbo's in the last two hours) and playing a total session of 8 to 10 hours.
      Depending on the number of entrants into a tournament you should plan with a running time of 5 to 10 hours. Turbo's will last 2 to 5 hours.

Also how big field mtts would be good idea to start with?

This depends on your personal preferences again. A good way to start would be the 180men turbo MTSNG's at pokerstars.com. You will have a decent hourly and will have a lot of different situations within a short period of time. This way you will learn most effectivly.

I hope I was able to help you :)

If there are any questions left feel free to ask!

Regards,
      Asaban
    • daun666
      daun666
      Bronze
      Thanks this really was helpful.
    • amanofhisword
      amanofhisword
      Basic
      Very clear and detailed answer Asaban,

good luck at the tables