BB checks, UTG bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80, BB folds

RIVER ($2.76) A:club: 3:spade: 8:heart: K:club: 4:spade:

UTG bets $1.70, Hero calls $1.70

Hero shows A:spade: K:spade:
      (Pre 49%, Flop 5.6%, Turn 9.1%)

UTG shows 3:club: 3:heart:
      (Pre 51%, Flop 94.4%, Turn 90.9%)

UTG wins $5.75

I had several options, check flop for pot control against sets but against the fish i aim to bet 3 streets probably even bigger, the regs check on the flop especially with his high cbet doesn't make much sense unless he feels i am aggro and he is c/c ing 1 street with high pocket. Obviously he can slowplay this flop but bad idea against fish.

On turn he is least representing a tpgk which he wants to bet against the fish, totally contradicting his flop c/c.

On river i don't have any specific reads 1 peak at his w$sd shows he sometimes shows up with second best hands KK+,88,33,AKs,AKo i don't have a call against this but adding any ax which he bets for bluff or value makes it a very easy call, and as far as he knows i am not having ak here.
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa

Preflop calling against this guy is fine.

I'd definitely bet here on the flop. Sets are quite uncommon here and there are a lot of worse Ax to call us down here. I'd bet $0.35 here.

On the turn I like calling. UTG's line looks weird and I'd prefer to just go to SD with my two pair here. I doubt he's going to call with something like AJ if we raise here, so my plan will be to call down.

On the river we follow our plan and call and make a note.