a little intro :)

• takeurfate
      hello all
      im new to this forum so thought i had better say a little about me and poker if you at all interested.:) feel free to ask anything i cant fit in.
      i started playing poker 10 months ago,i made the typical mistakes a beginer makes like over estimating the strength of hands and position,NO CLUE about bankroll!
      i played on a 4bi bankroll at best lolol and busted but felt i was ok at the game after 2 months or so.after reading everywhere about BRM i decided to try sticking to BRM,so with the $8 i had left in stars i played 1.50s and took my roll to $140,without running like god,but then i had an bad run and encountered forthe first time the worst tilt ever,i went straight to 25nl and 50nl and actually held my own haha but lost to some horrednous beats (i was still in my downswing)just to show u how bad my luck was then heres a hand i will never forget while playing heads up 50nl
      me 67suited
      villian min raised the button,i call,the flop
      98Trainbow,i bet 3/4 pot and he raises,i 4 bet all in,he tanks for a while then calls and shows K9 then the turn and river 8..9!!
      and that was the end of my roll,so i took advantage of £10 free when sighning up at bet365 and winner poker,and stuck to micro sit and gos and have done well :) stayed in profit with minmal tilt! i went back to party poker also where i was £39 down on sharkscope so have made it my mission to get back to even on there and have slashed that loss by £20 over 45 games (the loss was when i first ever played poker so had no idea)
      so mission now is to climb the cash game ladder,my party roll stands at $126 and im playing 2nl with the intention of moving up to 5nl when i reach $200.
      well thats it,sorry for the long boring story but it will give ppl a little insight on me if they see me around the forum.thanks
  • 3 replies
      Hey there takeurfate,

Welcome to the community!

It's good to own up to your previous mistakes! No point hiding behind them because what do we learn at the end of the day?

Good luck in your quest, why not start a blog in our blogging section?

Have you taken a look at our free money offers yet or have you thought about buying a status here? Trust me the educational material here will add an extra dimension or two to your game in no time!

Best regards and have a profitable 2013!
    • ExternalUseOnly
      4 Bi?!? That's Conservative for some beginners my wife still plays with a maximum of 2bi's :facepalm:

good to see you have enthusiasm to want to learn this crazy game we love so much, mix that enthusiasm with some hard work and balls and you will be on your way to the top in no time :)

Good luck hope you stick around here so we can follow your journey
    • takeurfate
      thanks guys,seems like a decent forum,2+2 is just the biggest handbags at dawn place ive ever known lol,reminds me of the south park episode where they all love the smell of their own farts,terrible place.hopefully this place is a little more grown up!:)