This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] KJo, NL2

• LiquidCity
      LiquidCity
      Bronze
      This was the 4th time in about 8 hands, villain 3-betted me. I had the idea he was taking advantage of me, so this seemed like an OK hand to anticipate on the situation.

Preflop I had three options: fold, call (maybe to weak?) or 4-bet/fold.
      I didn't want to fold again, as he might 3-bet complete crap against me.

I was thinking of 4-betting, but I thought: We are a little deeper and I can outplay him in this position, instead of risking a 5-bet.

Well, I called. Flop wasn't good, but I floated to bet any turn. The turn was positive, but an all-in would just isolate me against his better hands. I would've call a river bet too. But I didn't see any value in a river bet after his check.

Full Tilt - $0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $4.86
      Hero (CO): $2.50
      BTN: $2.73
      SB: $1.06
      BB: $2.38
      UTG: $2.51

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has J:spade: K:club:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, BB raises to $0.18, Hero calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) 8:heart: 2:club: 3:club:
      BB bets $0.26, Hero calls $0.26

Turn: ($0.89, 2 players) K:diamond:
      BB bets $0.64, Hero calls $0.64

River: ($2.17, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero checks

BB shows A:club: K:heart: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 75%, Flop 89%, Turn 93%)
      Hero mucks J:spade: K:club: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 25%, Flop 11%, Turn 7%)
      BB wins $2.03
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I prefer 4bet/folding rather than calling. Our hand is dominated and it plays quite poorly in 3bet pots.

As played preflop, I prefer folding on the flop.
      On the turn calling is good.

We could consider shoving the river just in case he decides to check/call something like KT or AQ but without information checking behind is fine.

Best,
      Plamen