[NL2-NL10] NL5 Speed KK

• cheekopeh
      IPoker, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $3.52 (70.4 bb)
      UTG: $6.31 (126.2 bb)
      MP: $5.94 (118.8 bb)
      CO: $4.93 (98.6 bb)
      BTN: $3.87 (77.4 bb)
      SB: $0 (0 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K K
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.15, SB calls $0.13, Hero raises to $0.70, BTN calls $0.55, SB calls $0.55

Flop: ($2.08) T 5 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.10, BTN folds, SB raises to $2.30, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($6.68) 7 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.54, Hero folds

$6.68 pot ($0.31 rake)
      Final Board: T 5 9 7
      Hero mucked K K and lost (-$3 net)
      SB mucked and won $6.37 ($3.39 net)

Both Villains are unknown. Stacks are screwed up again. I have about 110bbs. Sb (main villain has about 135bbs~)

PF: 3-bet sizing alright? I put BU's range wide AJ+, some suited broadways and PPs. Sb has a strong range AQs+, 77s-JJs. I think he raise BU's open w QQ+

Flop: Sb took up all 10s of the time bank and auto-check. I noticed that and thought he had a decision to make. I bet 1/2 size in 3-bet pot. Bet-sizing okay?

When he minRaises me, it really screams strength to me on this dry board. I narrowed him down to 99-JJ, bluffs probably only AK. Is my call okay?

Turn: He took less than 2s to shove, already made up his mind. Maybe he might overplay JJ, but I really don't think so. Good fold??

I'm folding a lot to aggression these past few k hands and my non-showdown winnings have dipped a lot. Just wanna make sure I made the right play.
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS

Preflop: looks fine although a bit on the big size. Do you squeeze as a bluff in spots like this?

Postflop: As played I'd cbet a bit larger on that flop so we can set it up for a comfortable 1/2 pot shove on the turn.

With no info on the opponent it's hard to tell if you've made the right play. He is representing a narrow range of T9/55/99/TT and may overplay some PPs like JJ. I'd say that if we call the flop we call any turn because I wouldn't expect villain to stop betting there when we have less than a PSB left.

Considering that we bet 1/2 pot (which is standard for HU 3-bet pot but may be seen as weak 3-way) and may have induced him to do something and the potential for being ahead here sometimes I can't see myself folding that turn. We need to be good about 29% of the time or so.