Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.24)
      BB ($2.93)
      Hero ($6.42)
      CO ($3.38)
      BTN ($2.53)

Dealt to Hero K:club: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $0.17, fold, fold, SB calls $0.15, BB raises to $0.29, Hero calls $0.12, fold

FLOP ($0.75) 7:heart: J:heart: Q:club:

BB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.50, BB raises to $0.95, Hero calls $0.45

TURN ($2.65) 7:heart: J:heart: Q:club: J:spade:

BB bets $1.69 (AI), Hero calls $1.69

RIVER ($6.03) 7:heart: J:heart: Q:club: J:spade: 8:club:

BB shows J:club: 3:club:
      (Pre 33%, Flop 21.2%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows K:club: Q:heart:
      (Pre 67%, Flop 78.8%, Turn 4.5%)

BB wins $5.63

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Any particular reason as to why opt to just call that flop?

Considering the action that happen preflop and then flop I would say that he is never folding (and rarely bluffing) so we can just get the money in here.

Calling gives him the opportunity to bluff again so we can fold once he ships the turn.

Considering he is somewhat unknown and seems fishy (stack size) getting the money in with our hand is fine and since he shows up with J3 we now that he can just as easy have Q3.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Don't use his hand info to justify calling, we didn't know that before :)

What card he had was irrelevant, i opted for an any turn call because he sure loves raising and betting as far as i have seen in this hand :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Don't use his hand info to justify calling, we didn't know that before :)

What card he had was irrelevant, i opted for an any turn call because he sure loves raising and betting as far as i have seen in this hand :)
      I'm missing the "know" in my statement above. So it should read "we now know that he can just as easy have Q3". So it backs up our decision.

There are two things that we can do after we play a hand:

A) Justify the play with the info we have
      B) Add justification for the play with the info we just gathered.

For example, if he showed up with AQ we wouldn't be able to do B at all because we have no idea if he could have done it with worse (based on this hand alone). So looking at A is our only option.

And A) in this case is up in the air because we have no real info. We have no idea what he does it with and all we know is that we have a decent pair versus a fishy guy. That's why I even said that I prefer stacking off on the flop once he 3-bets us as opposed to calling. Because when you call you are implying that villain can bluff and would bluff again, both of which we have no idea about.