UTG checks, Hero bets $0.18, UTG raises to $0.60, Hero folds

UTG wins $0.69

C/r as pfa ? how odd especially from him
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: Considering he is pretty tight overall and more so in EP I would say that our call is a bit light.

What I find fascinating, about him, is that he calls a ton of 3-bets a folds 2/3 to cbet in 3-bet pot. So this guy would be a good candidate for 3-bet harassment.

Postflop: As played I'd still bet/fold but I'd probably make it larger. On that flop he is mostly ck/calling weaker hands so we can charge them more or folding. The small bet size may have induced him to raise but since we have no info we can't really continue. His ck/raise %s are definitely a bit higher than your average 5nl guy.

Since we have almost 3500 hands on him what history did we have and did we see any showdowns after ck/raises?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Don't think so he ever did it before against me but his fold to cbet in 3bet pot is a really nice catch, i admit i don't have it displayed but could have opened his stat to realize this opportunity, but maybe the stat is bit off out of 17 cases but he clearly likes folding to cbets and considering in 3b pots sizing is usually half pot it could easily become value.

My plan was to abuse his high flop cbet, much lower turn cbet and the fact he really likes folding to raises. Not sure which is more plus ev but both should work, grabbing the role of pfa is good advantage of 3b.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Don't think so he ever did it before against me but his fold to cbet in 3bet pot is a really nice catch, i admit i don't have it displayed but could have opened his stat to realize this opportunity, but maybe the stat is bit off out of 17 cases but he clearly likes folding to cbets and considering in 3b pots sizing is usually half pot it could easily become value.

My plan was to abuse his high flop cbet, much lower turn cbet and the fact he really likes folding to raises. Not sure which is more plus ev but both should work, grabbing the role of pfa is good advantage of 3b.
      Against EP I prefer the 3-bet line a bit more.

With wider ranges we can also see the flop with a wider range ourselves (calling preflop) so the line of raising his cbets or floating light works better.