NL Holdem $0.05(BB) Replayer
      SB ($9.35)
      BB ($5.07)
      CO ($4.92)
      Hero ($8.52)

Dealt to Hero 9:spade: 2:diamond:

fold, Hero raises to $0.10, fold, BB calls $0.05

FLOP ($0.22) 2:spade: 3:diamond: 2:club:

BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.31, BB raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.20, BB raises to $1.80, Hero raises to $2.40, BB folds

Hero shows 9:spade: 2:diamond:

Hero wins $3.57

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Dracsharp,

Preflop: Pretty thin steal preflop here. It looks like we have 100% open range in this spot and villain doesn't fold nearly enough for that (although I don't have stats on SB to see how he plays).

Postflop: Did you guys have some type of dynamic or history in this spot?

It looks quite awkward with those bet sizes.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      He is the guy who check raised me as pfa, but apart from that and the fact he maybe didn't like my stealing he was playing his role because there was a fish.

The sb had 92% fold to steal and him 75%, looks very good for 2bb sizing, just i don't overplay my hands postflop.

Btw this is not standard i obviously adjust it based on who i play.

We never did this flop action before, i don't even know if it makes any sense, but he knows i am full of it here with my 100% open especially on a pretty much blank board, also he knows i could have a 2, but pp as well, or just bluffing.

How would you play it?

I seemed as an aggressive any2 stealer, Sb fit or fold reg probably played because of me, to him i could be a maniac.

Just calling his reraise could be okay but there are many card that could scare his brave pockets on the turn. Once i reraised him again i don't think calling is going to fool him nor i can shove on it because we are both deep. I was pressuring him deep with any 2 range and he knew it.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      He is the guy who check raised me as pfa, but apart from that and the fact he maybe didn't like my stealing he was playing his role because there was a fish.

The sb had 92% fold to steal and him 75%, looks very good for 2bb sizing, just i don't overplay my hands postflop.

Btw this is not standard i obviously adjust it based on who i play.

We never did this flop action before, i don't even know if it makes any sense, but he knows i am full of it here with my 100% open especially on a pretty much blank board, also he knows i could have a 2, but pp as well, or just bluffing.

How would you play it?

I seemed as an aggressive any2 stealer, Sb fit or fold reg probably played because of me, to him i could be a maniac.

Just calling his reraise could be okay but there are many card that could scare his brave pockets on the turn. Once i reraised him again i don't think calling is going to fool him nor i can shove on it because we are both deep. I was pressuring him deep with any 2 range and he knew it.
      So on average you will have them fold 66% of the time (both) but I doubt those numbers are the same when facing a min raise. But either way it's not too bad especially if these guys can also fold to cbets. because calling wider means less flops they hit and more hands they fold.

After his 3-rd bet, the 1.8 raise we can even call but without a specific read/history I wouldn't put bluffs in his range so calling to keep those in wouldn't make that much sense. And I doubt he raises a pair their twice just to fold it.